Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The press only care about human rights when they can weaponize against people they’ve decided they don’t like.
Otherwise they couldn’t give two shits!
Or teams they don’t like since they were given license by their bosses to behave like childish, nerdy partisan fanboys rather than intelligent, informative and interesting sports writers.

If journos have been able to cover Qatari abuse of workers and criticise the regime (and rightly so) from the UK then they can cover the world cup from the UK. They are hypocrites and being there won't enhance their coverage other than being able to comment on the atmosphere and fan experience.
Agreed..and moan about the sh*t atmosphere...that they partly contributed to..as they put everyone who may have been half interested...

Presumably he feels the same way about the World Cups in countries with much worse human rights records than Qatar like Mexico, South Africa, Brazil, Argentina and Putin's Russia. Or does he just target Arab countries? The Telegraph is a paper which is not exactly renowned for its racial tolerance.
Considering the number of journos who get bumped off in Mexico, then he might want to go there and and do a Khashoggi type expose on the countries endemic corruption. Then again, he might give it a miss.

Journos in the main are not only hypocrits but very nieve..thinking that the public can't see through their bull shit. Spent last 2 months slating WC (rightly so) now they are over there...moaning about lack of atmosphere and lack of fans etc. Couldn't make it up..they are just cnts in the main
They are indeed hypocrites but they probably don’t give a shit cos they’ll be enjoying their jolly to much. Cunts the lot of them!

On the City stadium and academy tour, the guide motioned towards the hand sanitisers either side of the players pitchside entrance.

They had small pieces of tape on them - leftover from the previous days CL match, covering the very very small logo of the hand sanitiser just because it wasn’t one of the CL’s official sponsors.
Just in case a camera would catch and zoom in on them… causing the collapse of the exclusivity of CL sponsorship… unbelievably petty for such a small thing (I can understand Etihad stadium branding), and I doubt (and hope) there wasn’t even an official CL hand sanitiser sponsor.
Unbelievable, but not surprised.

The gap between the prem shutting down and the start of the world cup just had to be filled by the media reporting on all things Raggy.
It bores the fuckin tits off me this pathetic eternal process.

I'm amazed at the lack of coverage of Raz wearing Stone Island football boots.

I'm sure if he was still playing for us they'd have claimed he heads his own city hooligan firm.

If journos have been able to cover Qatari abuse of workers and criticise the regime (and rightly so) from the UK then they can cover the world cup from the UK. They are hypocrites and being there won't enhance their coverage other than being able to comment on the atmosphere and fan experience.
Fans just been told 2 days before the opening game that they will no longer be able.to purchase alcohol in the stadium After previously been told they could
The media Will be okay though as corporate areas will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.