Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some incredibly fair points & I didn’t say it was a perfect utopia. Some important issues need to change & they will.

Having spent quite a bit of time in UAE with my wife before we had kids we didn’t find it restrictive. Importantly, she didn’t find it restrictive whilst working & living there. We did feel incredibly safe but again we aren’t from a marginalised community.

I think when we discuss the freedom of protest then you need to consider the powder keg that the Middle East is.

It isn't the same in every fiefdom.

We live in Jumeirah twixt Dubai and Abu Dhabi.

The laws of society are very simple & writ large like Ten Commandments.

Yesterday was the last day of the DP World Golf & F1 GP. Huge crowds,alcohol available but NOT ONE arrest or even incident !!

Crime as a % of the population is 0.01% and most of that is amongst blue collar migrants.

The country welcomes visitors but absolutely expects them to understand and respect the culture and the law.

As a result.....no fighting in the streets, no graffiti, no chewing gum on the pavement, no fly tipping etc. In other words NoUK nonsense !!

The emirates are clean,safe and remarkably welcoming.

The UK & Europe could learn much from these Absolute Monarchies.

Marahaba r kid !!

Hahahaha nice one

Marcus had to be mentioned.

BCC7-C0-AD-6-E9-E-4-B46-833-C-DE2-DE6283-BD7.png
Listening to 5-Live this morning and they replayed goals for the 5th & 6th England goals from yesterday.

Now regardless of who scored them, when would the 5th goal usually be aired as 2 of the 6?

I can only assume that as it was scored by Sir Marcus of Rashford that it was deemed need worthy.............

Has Neville been on his soapbox yet? Sure he told us that's why we went over there.
He certainly has…..

GARY NEVILLE appeared to criticise the King and Prince of Wales in his latest defence over his involvement with a Qatari broadcaster at the World Cup.Neville cited Prince William’s decision not to fly out to Qatar while his father, King Charles, receives £2.6 million in donations from a senior Qatari politician.

He certainly has…..

GARY NEVILLE appeared to criticise the King and Prince of Wales in his latest defence over his involvement with a Qatari broadcaster at the World Cup.Neville cited Prince William’s decision not to fly out to Qatar while his father, King Charles, receives £2.6 million in donations from a senior Qatari politician.
Bizarre

Is this a serious post?

Freedom for the law abiding citizens...leaving out the fact that things like being gay, or being raped, sex before marriage, or a woman going to work without permission of her husband, kissing in public, Apostasy, or criticising the government are all illegal.

You can point to inconsistencies in the coverage of human rights abuses in the west vs. middle east, but when you're espousing the freedom of one of most restrictive regimes in the world, you probably need to reconsider what you're doing.

Do you really want "stick it to the media" by singing the praises of government crime rate statistics from a country where women don't make rape allegations because if they do, they get imprisoned for extra- or premarital sex?

re-Apostasy did you throw that word in to look clever or did you copy and paste it from elsewhere?

Do you consider yourself part of the intelligencia? Have you used that word in casual conversation?

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, I doubt you live in a utopia.

re-Apostasy did you throw that word in to look clever or did you copy and paste it from elsewhere?

Do you consider yourself part of the intelligencia? Have you used that word in casual conversation?

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, I doubt you live in a utopia.

Apt username.

I used the word because it’s the right word? The word for the crime that is punishable by death in the UAE.

I could have written “leaving/renouncing your religion” but why would I, when there’s literally a word for it?

As for the rest of your comment, it’s stupid bullshit. You don’t need to live in a Utopia to have an opinion a country where it’s illegal to be gay, get raped or criticise the government.

Last edited:

Odd thing to criticise, apostasy being a fairly well known word, and is the word to use instead of having to say 'when you actively leave the religion you used to belong to.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.