Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taken from the BBC Webpage after the final whistle..........notice the omission.
  1. RESULT: England 6-2 Iran - Jude Bellingham, Bukayo Saka (2), Raheem Sterling and substitute Marcus Rashford put England in control.
  2. Iran reduce deficit in second half before being awarded penalty by VAR
  3. Iran keeper Beiranvand taken off after head injury in first half
It's so obvious the redtops are in control at our national broadcaster.
TWATS!!!!!!

Taken from the BBC Webpage after the final whistle..........notice the omission.
  1. RESULT: England 6-2 Iran - Jude Bellingham, Bukayo Saka (2), Raheem Sterling and substitute Marcus Rashford put England in control.
  2. Iran reduce deficit in second half before being awarded penalty by VAR
  3. Iran keeper Beiranvand taken off after head injury in first half
It's so obvious the redtops are in control at our national broadcaster.
I just love the fact they can't bring themselves to write about us.

The sting they must feel whenever they think of us must reverberate around them like an electric shock.

These supposed 'big' media outlets acting like proper mardarses is an absolute joy.

More, I want to see more pain.

I just love the fact they can't bring themselves to write about us.

The sting they must feel whenever they think of us must reverberate around them like an electric shock.

These supposed 'big' media outlets acting like proper mardarses is an absolute joy.

More, I want to see more pain.
They love City more 'n I love the BBC.

That’s how I see it. Freedom for the law abiding citizens.

Is this a serious post?

Freedom for the law abiding citizens...leaving out the fact that things like being gay, or being raped, sex before marriage, or a woman going to work without permission of her husband, kissing in public, Apostasy, or criticising the government are all illegal.

You can point to inconsistencies in the coverage of human rights abuses in the west vs. middle east, but when you're espousing the freedom of one of most restrictive regimes in the world, you probably need to reconsider what you're doing.

Do you really want "stick it to the media" by singing the praises of government crime rate statistics from a country where women don't make rape allegations because if they do, they get imprisoned for extra- or premarital sex?

Last edited:
Is this a serious post?

Freedom for the law abiding citizens...leaving out the fact that things like being gay, or being raped, sex before marriage, or a woman going to work without permission of her husband, kissing in public, Apostasy, or criticising the government are all illegal.

You can point to inconsistencies in the coverage of human rights abuses in the west vs. middle east, but when you're espousing the freedom of one of most restrictive regimes in the world, you probably need to reconsider what you're doing.

Do you really want "stick it to the media" by singing the praises of government crime rate statistics from a country where women don't make rape allegations because if they do, they get imprisoned for extra- or premarital sex?

Some incredibly fair points & I didn’t say it was a perfect utopia. Some important issues need to change & they will.

Having spent quite a bit of time in UAE with my wife before we had kids we didn’t find it restrictive. Importantly, she didn’t find it restrictive whilst working & living there. We did feel incredibly safe but again we aren’t from a marginalised community.

I think when we discuss the freedom of protest then you need to consider the powder keg that the Middle East is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.