Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve always felt that it should be mandated that any apology/retraction in the press should have the same prominence and column inches as the article that gave rise to it.

Very difficult to dictate editorial policy, but tend to agree.

Sven once tried to sue me because I described him a "legendary pork swordsman" in a showbiz piece I wrote for the Bizarre column.

Thankfully the lawyer on shift in the office, usually spent sat on their arses and reading the paper for £300-an-hour, batted it back and we settled for £10k to charity.

Worth their weight in gold, those fellas ;)

I hope it doesn't stop there. If you watch any live news debate on a decent channel, the presenter will always step in and 'bollock' the person telling the lie. Sky are so unprofessional most presenters don't have a clue about the civil laws re slander. They treat interviews as though it were 2 people talking in the pub.
You only had to see the pig in knickers reaction to us winning that best club award, she was pigsick. Was funny viewing.

The trouble is having ex red mardarse pundits and daughters of ex rag mardarse players on there, they will show their true colours.

Sly sports is utd and tramps TV rolled into one.

Very difficult to dictate editorial policy, but tend to agree.

Sven once tried to sue me because I described him a "legendary pork swordsman" in a showbiz piece I wrote for the Bizarre column.

Thankfully the lawyer on shift in the office, usually spent sat on their arses and reading the paper for £300-an-hour, batted it back and we settled for £10k to charity.

Worth their weight in gold, those fellas ;)

But he was ;)

They've definitely removed it.

Sometimes Sky Sports News YouTube site won't allow you to post videos, forcing you to visit the site to watch it, usually because it contains match footage, but this is different. The video has been removed both from the site and from the Sky Sports News Article about the Juventus resignations.
I got the usual placid response from Sky complaints - saying sorry& they have “passed email to the appropriate department”. Let’s hope if nothing else, it’s made them look at the presenter’s behaviour & the video!!

That makes sense - front page on a Sunday lie gets a front page on a Sunday apology.

I assume the only way you’d get that is after a lengthy court case so a page 19 Weds 1 inch apology is the closest you get.
Rarely happens, Elton John was one I remember when he got £1m from the Sun for saying he was addicted to rent boys that he plied with cocaine

It would be great if someone in our press office had the balls of the GPC

Yeah he was a twat.But he kept the media scumbags in check.

As a fucking bully and bigger liar than most of the media, he had a vested interest in keeping them quiet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.