Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Independent have an article about Busquets
which one of these 4 do they not name check
Xavi (133) Iniesta (131) Silva (125) Alonso (114) about redefining play in the middle third
You only have to watch the David Silva documentary on City+ to see just how well regarded El Mago is by Xavi & Villa, to name just 2.

Deluded wankers, read the second comment.

alleged bus attack, Hillsborough chants, damage to Anfield and claims coins were thrown at Pep Guardiola​

Notice they put Alleged ? claims? with the City complaints..... fuck off! Terrible article. Nothing in this world is going to change me hating those feral vermin.

alleged bus attack, Hillsborough chants, damage to Anfield and claims coins were thrown at Pep Guardiola​

Notice they put Alleged ? claims? with the City complaints..... fuck off! Terrible article. Nothing in this world is going to change me hating those feral vermin.
I always like to think there’s room to hate them a little bit more :-)

I hate to be fair to the Mail, but I took it as meaning all of the matters were alleged, not just the bus attack.

Deluded wankers, read the second comment.

“The coin throwing and coach damage had no evidence to support the claims whereas the graffiti and disgraceful chants were self evident. I guess all the new City supporters never went to Maine Road where they had to put up a net to protect away fans from bricks and bottles being hurled at them?”

No evidence? Liverpool have acknowledged the coin throwing occurred but couldn’t identify the culprit(s). That’s pretty irrefutable evidence.

He’s got a point about the graffiti tbf. I don’t know a single City fan who doesn’t routinely use the term ‘Kopite’ in day to day conversation.

As to the netting, I don’t recall any netting between the home and away fans in the Kippax, but I do remember it was temporarily installed half way down the Kippax whenever united and Liverpool played a Semi Final at Maine Road.

“The coin throwing and coach damage had no evidence to support the claims whereas the graffiti and disgraceful chants were self evident. I guess all the new City supporters never went to Maine Road where they had to put up a net to protect away fans from bricks and bottles being hurled at them?”

No evidence? Liverpool have acknowledged the coin throwing occurred but couldn’t identify the culprit(s). That’s pretty irrefutable evidence.

He’s got a point about the graffiti tbf. I don’t know a single City fan who doesn’t routinely use the term ‘Kopite’ in day to day conversation.

As to the netting, I don’t recall any netting between the home and away fans in the Kippax, but I do remember it was temporarily installed half way down the Kippax whenever united and Liverpool played a Semi Final at Maine Road.

Kopites is funny as fuck. If ever you’re trying to frame someone then get it right.

Next time I expect the kopites will write

“Scouse murdering cunts jft39”

Yep, I always say “those cheeky monkey kopites are up to mischief again”. Glad you mentioned the netting, I couldn’t recall it but started supporting us in the Kippax then moved into the North Stand so had no recollection of it.

Yep, I always say “those cheeky monkey kopites are up to mischief again”. Glad you mentioned the netting, I couldn’t recall it but started supporting us in the Kippax then moved into the North Stand so had no recollection of it.
There was quite a gap between the home and away fans in the Kippax, with iirc two sets of (laser blue) steel barriers which curved towards each set of supporters at the top, and a no mans land of a couple of metres in between, but like you, I absolutely don’t recall any netting between the two sets of supporters - style and I always used to enter the Kippax terrace through the left hand tunnel and my memory is still (just) pretty exceptional. Not infallible for sure, but I’d be very surprised if I was wrong.

Edit: just checked the footage of the 5-1 and can’t see any signs of any netting. If it wasn’t up for that game, then it’s hard to imagine it being up for any other, and it’s also difficult to imagine it being up episodically. That tunnel was right next to the away fans too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.