Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was quite a gap between the home and away fans in the Kippax, with iirc two sets of (laser blue) steel barriers which curved towards each set of supporters at the top, and a no mans land of a couple of metres in between, but like you, I absolutely don’t recall any netting between the two sets of supports - and I always used to enter the Kippax terrace through the left hand tunnel and my memory is still (just) pretty exceptional. Not infallible for sure, but I’d be very surprised if I was wrong.

Edit: just checked the footage of the 5-1 and can’t see any signs of any netting. If it wasn’t up for that game, then it’s hard to imagine it being up for any other, and it’s also difficult to imagine it being up episodically. That tunnel was right next to the away fans too.
There was no netting. Lots of banter, coin/piss/ the odd dart/ throwing throughout the 70s, 80s & 90s which would’ve been a little difficult if there had been!!

Definitely no netting. As a kid I’d collect all the coins that were thrown and the funniest thing I seen was an umbrella with an apple stuck on the end to give it balance as it was thrown like a spear.
My mate William used to launch those brollies. He would often practice with apples balanced on my head.

I remember the segregation as you said but thought they had netting at the back/top of the stand. Couldn’t say with any great certainty though.
Maybe they did tbf, as i wouldn’t have had sight of coming out of that tunnel, and if it was going to be anywhere it was there as that’s where all the propa nawty crew used to hang out, but I‘m certain it didn’t go all the way down the terrace.

From the 1985/6 season that terrace was only used for United, Liverpool and (possibly) Everton games as the Platt Lane had been given over to away fans after the Charlton game. The next time it was used by City fans was the Spurs FA QF Cup game in 1993.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.