Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
No issue with that at all other than to point out language like that is commonplace on here in certain other threads and never gets a mention.

That said, back to the media thread….

You're right. All I'd say is that, in the modern climate, if you want to criticise someone and use those kinds of terms, you give them an easy get-out, where they don't have to address the substance of what you say but can hide behind issues of language and the like.

I'd say it's better to watch what you say and don't give them the chance. Box clever, if you like to put it that way.

I don't mean doesn't exist at all, I mean doesn't exist in the terms presented in the accounts. ie there is a contract for the auditors and then there is, in essence, the "real" contract.

Anyway, I don't think these charges are simply about the filing - the reference to "true and fair" makes it clear what the allegation is ie that what has been submitted is not true and fair. And that was the essence of CAS too.

The fact that an error on RP re Etihad wouldn't really affect the true and fair nature of the accounts (technically I think that is probably arguable) BUT would mean a breach of the rules again points to the importance of the mentioning of "true and fair". Again, that the charge is not merely a miscategorisation of RP contracts.

But the biggest indicator is that neither City nor the PL have denied to the media that the charges are the particularly serious ones alleged. And I can assure you many journalists have asked them.

Fair enough :)

Will be interesting to see what happens.

Edit: I was imagining a Monty Python type committee meeting:

This is the Etihad contract. No it isn't.
But it's been signed by the two parties. No it hasn't.
But you can check the signatures. No we can't.
But you have seen the shirts? No we haven't.
And it's called the Etihad. No it isn't.
Etc .....

Last edited:
You're right. All I'd say is that, in the modern climate, if you want to criticise someone and use those kinds of terms, you give them an easy get-out, where they don't have to address the substance of what you say but can hide behind issues of language and the like.

I'd say it's better to watch what you say and don't give them the chance. Box clever, if you like to put it that way.

I’m with you here.

Like many other so called experts we get to see and hear, she is only there because of her contacts and past and her presence has nothing to do with any sort of talent at what she is now reported as being, a senior sports reporter.

A sad indictment of a clicks driven media world we now live in.

Just for clarification, is it the pronoun that causes the perceived misogyny or misandry - or is it the pejorative word?
All so confusing - probably when both used together.

Last edited:
By us or by them? I hope by us because we should continue to show the lot of them that we are no longer prepared to be the quiet, take all the rubbish, club any more. Take us on and you take on ALL of us, bosses, manager, coaches, players, admin, canteen people, kit washers, and last but by no means least, FANS!

Get lost you stupid, arrogant, self centred load of wallies! We are Manchester City and we fight to the end and we WILL prevail.
:-) :-)

I saw something which made me think it was us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.