Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s just done a thread on twitter too and it’s nice to see his brand of intellectually dishonest journalism extends to other clubs. For example -

This one where he pretends to not know that the son of a billionaire might start his life with a bank balance above 0 at age 23.

Or the one above where he takes a statement about Jassim becoming a United fan in 1992 (regardless of the truth of that) to mean he must have become a fan in 1991/92 when United were crap and not 1992/93 when the entire football world went mad for them and they probably got loads of new fans.

There’s probably some really good investigative journalism to do around Sheikh Jassim, the source of his money and who is providing the money for the bid.

Harris can’t be arsed to do any of that work though, so he just makes these shitty twitter threads where he deliberately interprets something wrong and then runs with it.

Love the reply from a rag saying “it’s bash the Arab guy season”

Guess he hasn’t turned on the radio, opened a newspaper or been on the internet in the last 15 years…

Stop listening to talksport.

Why do blues do it to themselves?
OK I'm going to get pelters for this.... but to me the conversation Rushden and Glendenning held with Harris had racist undertones. They were sneering at the thought this potential Qatari owner had been a utd fan since 1992 and that they had never heard of him until Friday.

Do clubs with American owners come under this amount of scrutiny during a time when a potential take over is about to happen?

He’s just done a thread on twitter too and it’s nice to see his brand of intellectually dishonest journalism extends to other clubs. For example -

This one where he pretends to not know that the son of a billionaire might start his life with a bank balance above 0 at age 23.

Or the one above where he takes a statement about Jassim becoming a United fan in 1992 (regardless of the truth of that) to mean he must have become a fan in 1991/92 when United were crap and not 1992/93 when the entire football world went mad for them and they probably got loads of new fans.

There’s probably some really good investigative journalism to do around Sheikh Jassim, the source of his money and who is providing the money for the bid.

Harris can’t be arsed to do any of that work though, so he just makes these shitty twitter threads where he deliberately interprets something wrong and then runs with it.

I read it as pretty clear sarcasm to be honest - he's disputing the supposed "lifelong" credentials of the bloke, not taking it at face value.

I read it as pretty clear sarcasm to be honest - he's disputing the supposed "lifelong" credentials of the bloke, not taking it at face value.

Yes, we can all see he's being sarcastic. The point is that he'd rather be a sarcastic prick deliberately misinterpreting what's in the public domain trying to get a viral twitter thread than actually investigate.

Has any other club lying third in the PL received as much media attention as the rags are at the moment?

Has any other club lying third in the PL received as much media attention as the rags are at the moment?
I wouldn’t know because I’m not listening or watching any of it.

After we had beaten the Dippers in the League Cup final we were on the coach on the way home, the BBC Sports news came on and the reader said “Liverpool failed in their attempt to win the League Cup”.

Just starve them of oxygen.

In my local WH Smiths this morning, 50 miles from Manchester, what do I see., f*****g Red Issue on sale. Very handy for fylde coast plastic rags who couldn't find Warwick Rd bridge on a map. Mind you don't know why I was surprised they sell the Mirror and the Sun and their nited fanzines as well.
There's certainly a lot more lifelong rags about now, in fact there seems more than when we have holiday makers everywhere.

Yes, we can all see he's being sarcastic. The point is that he'd rather be a sarcastic prick deliberately misinterpreting what's in the public domain trying to get a viral twitter thread than actually investigate.

Well, why stop now when it has been working so well for him?

On the other hand, it may not work so well now its United he is talking about .....

I'll save them the bother, he'll have got it via crony capitalism, a bloodline variant on our preferred crony capitalism, the old boys network.

The former is bad, very, very bad says Simple Simon Jordan.

The latter is good, very, very good, organic even! Watered by the sweat of the wealth creators.

I'll save them the bother, he'll have got it via crony capitalism, a bloodline variant on our preferred crony capitalism, the old boys network.

The former is bad, very, very bad says Simple Simon Jordan.

The latter is good, very, very good, organic even! Watered by the sweat of the wealth creators.

What I find strange, is that his father was a grandson of the founder of Qatar, but is only worth a billion? And he presumably wasn't out of favour because he was PM. Maybe he gave all his money to terrorist organisations (allegedly) rather then pass it down to his sons ....

I am sure there is a story in there somewhere, even if he is only the front man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.