Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Rashford score this week? Not heard anything about it if he did. Hope he's still in the form of his life. Andy "listen to me, trying-to-talk-as-fast-as-the-other-geezer-here-in-the-hoodie(again)" Goldstein's barely mentioned him
Strange that I've not heard anything about school or food-for-poor-kids campaigns since he rediscovered the form of his life.
What's that radio station called again?
Oh yeah - Talk Scum.
Fishfingers doesn't give a toss about anyone but himself.
Got an MBE out of dictating to the government how to spend millions of pounds of taxpayers money whilst avoiding paying millions in taxes himself.

Fishfingers doesn't give a toss about anyone but himself.
Got an MBE out of dictating to the government how to spend millions of pounds of taxpayers money whilst avoiding paying millions in taxes himself.
Notice the Bob Geldof impression has gone on the back burner since his form turned around.
No need to keep him relevant whilst he's scoring offside goals is there.

Did Rashford score this week? Not heard anything about it if he did. Hope he's still in the form of his life. Andy "listen to me, trying-to-talk-as-fast-as-the-other-geezer-here-in-the-hoodie(again)" Goldstein's barely mentioned him
Strange that I've not heard anything about school or food-for-poor-kids campaigns since he rediscovered the form of his life.
What's that radio station called again?
Oh yeah - Talk Scum.

You posted that to soon.

Screenshot-20230221-010051-2.png

I asked Migeul Delaney about the concept of sportswashing. He said it was about influence (and negative publicity that buying a club brings is irrelevant). When asked about Middle Eastern investments in other industries he copped out by saying you would have to take it up with other journalists.

What are your thoughts on the following exchange:

Me: I'd appreciate your thoughts on the following: Surely the concept of "sportswashing" is a misnomer, particularly as buying a football club attracts significant negative publicity. Also, why is sport singled out over other Middle Eastern investments? For example, why isn't this "science washing": UAE to invest £10 billion in priority UK industries (including science).

Delaney's response: "People confuse the term. It's not about image. It's about influence. And there's little as influential as buying clubs. As regards other fields, you'd have to take it up with journlaists there"

I asked Migeul Delaney about the concept of sportswashing. He said it was about influence (and negative publicity that buying a club brings is irrelevant). When asked about Middle Eastern investments in other industries he copped out by saying you would have to take it up with other journalists.

Me: I'd appreciate your thoughts on the following: Surely the concept of "sportswashing" is a misnomer, particularly as buying a football club attracts significant negative publicity. Also, why is sport singled out over other Middle Eastern investments? For example, why isn't this "science washing": UAE to invest £10 billion in priority UK industries (including science).

Delaney's response: "People confuse the term. It's not about image. It's about influence. And there's little as influential as buying clubs. As regards other fields, you'd have to take it up with journlaists there"

So owning 9% of the world's oil reserves doesn't get you influence but owning a football club does?

Well, if anyone was doubting whether Miggy had taken leave of his senses...

"Influence" over who or what does football offer that other industries and sports don't ? Bizarre answer.

Little Miggsy is an intellectual midget as well as a physical midget. And a bitter fucking liar to boot.

Tbf, it's just football. Horse racing (the sport of kings, no less) has been financed by Arab money for decades, good old Liz, god rest her soul was very pally with Maktoum, but there has been no issues with that. Golf - a little bit like Formula one, seems to be weathering the initial storm and will get off scott free in the coming months and years. Don't get me started on Tennis. Then we have the Russia washing Olympic games and the China washing Olympic games. I could go on but we are all busy men, obviously. If as a society we were serious about human rights we wouldn't sell the countries arms or let them control vast swathes of our capital.
In their defence, they may point to a 'democracy' thats has been 'civilised ' for hundreds of years whilst theirs less than a hundred, and lets children starve, people knowingly die in burning unsafe flats, steal from the public purse, politicians breaking the law etc. I'm just saying one countries human rights is anothers acceptable practice.

The defence rests. (bit like ours did in the last 5 mins)

Anyway all of this discussion adds credibility to that tossers argument, which in reality is personally driven gain.

Last edited:
'Could Man Utd become 'biggest example' of sportswashing?'

Two pricks for the price of one.

Midlserable fuckin kites on the pair of them.
What Miggy wants is no investment into potential rivals so his beloved redsocks can dominate with their artificial plastic worldwide fanbase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.