Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still annoyed at Ederson's booking v Arsenal, so I conducted a non-scientific experiment by looking a some goalkeeper bookings. The two with most bookings (5) are Martinez (Villa) and Pickford (Everton). I used the live text match data from the BBC website but this doesn't give the reason for the booking, however I don't think that it's a leap to presume that (most of) these bookings were for time-wasting given the score in the game. This is what I found...

Martinez 5

88 v Man U won 3-1
90+2 v Leeds won 2-1
90+8 v Brighton won 2-1
84 v Arsenal lost 4-2 (booked at 2-2)
77 v Everton won 2-0

Pickford 5

81 v Brentford drew 1-1
90+6 Liverpool drew 0-0
90+5 Saints won 2-1
86 Arsenal won 1-0
87 Liverpool lost 2-0

I have shown Eddie's for info

Ederson

36 v Arsenal won 3-1
83 v Spurs lost 1-0
Great research.
Gives a very good insight.

The BBC has virtually ignored the billions of pounds invested in the city of Manchester by Sheikh Mansour. They have ignored the environmental clean-up, public facilities, sixth form college, hundreds of homes, scores of new businesses, the regeneration of Ancoats and its canal network, and now the development of the UK's biggest arena.
They have ignored the thousands of jobs created in one of the poorest districts in the UK.
I can't remember them ever publishing a major article about what MCFC have brought to their local community. Dan Roan would rather write distorted stories about migrant workers in the Middle East.
This is why I want to club to take Jordan to the cleaners. He said this morning all this investment is sportswashing for a state.

Nice report in sky re peps comments about utd spending. Sky even show the amounts.

I thought Pep did a brilliant job of simultaneously highlighting their spending …all for 1 league cup and the fact that after we won it 4 times on the bounce we were not arsed……loved it.

This is why I want to club to take Jordan to the cleaners. He said this morning all this investment is sportswashing for a state.

what does he actually know, the answer is nothing. He has no idea what we invest, the source of income and what we do for Manchester. He’s a chancre, closet rag and just makes shit up. I hate him, he needs to be sued.

what does he actually know, the answer is nothing. He has no idea what we invest, the source of income and what we do for Manchester. He’s a chancre, closet rag and just makes shit up. I hate him, he needs to be sued.
The club should at least send a shot across his bows.

It's getting tiresome how he finds a way to shoehorn evil city into any conversation he has on that clickbait radio show.

Great research.
Gives a very good insight.

Some more information. The Athletic published an article a few days ago about time-wasting, with a specific focus on time-wasting by goalkeepers. The table below shows goalkeeper bookings for time-wasting since 2013/14;

Foster (Ben) 8
Martinez 8
Pickford 8
Guaita 7
Pope 7
Ederson 7
McCarthy 6
Boruc 5
Adrian 5
Henderson 5

All the goalkeepers above, with the exception of Ederson were playing for teams involved in relegation battles.

A further observation from the article was that two forwards have been booked 4 times for time-wasting in the same period…Raul Jimenez and our own Sergio Aguero.

It is difficult not to conclude that there is a distinctly lower bar when it comes to booking City players for this offence!

Some more information. The Athletic published an article a few days ago about time-wasting, with a specific focus on time-wasting by goalkeepers. The table below shows goalkeeper bookings for time-wasting since 2013/14;

Foster (Ben) 8
Martinez 8
Pickford 8
Guaita 7
Pope 7
Ederson 7
McCarthy 6
Boruc 5
Adrian 5
Henderson 5

All the goalkeepers above, with the exception of Ederson were playing for teams involved in relegation battles.

A further observation from the article was that two forwards have been booked 4 times for time-wasting in the same period…Raul Jimenez and our own Sergio Aguero.

It is difficult not to conclude that there is a distinctly lower bar when it comes to booking City players for this offence!
Absolutely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.