Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I think SWP definitely made him better disposed towards City. He also seems to accept that he has Arsenal bias, but it doesn't seem to be used to belittle others.

I think some of it is that he arrived at the top quite late on - I think he was about 25 when he first played in the top division and it was several more years before he went to Arsenal. He did a couple of documentaries and that seemed to make him realise that didn't have to be the poor pundit that he started as.
lest we forget..we also gave BWP his start in the game...

lest we forget..we also gave BWP his start in the game...
BWP, forgot about him to be honest!
looking back I do remember a pre season friendly against Olympiacos the summer SWP went to Chelsea when Bradley got 2 goals(I think?) thinking he could maybe do the business for us! Didn't really happen did it? he did okay in lower divisions and in the MSL though.
Funnily enough that day a bloke called Ya Ya something? Scored for them, never heard of him at the time, but he did okay for us in years to come Didn't he!

And how many mentions did the Rags get from the commentators. I would have counted but I had the mute firmly taped down and the batteries removed in case Mrs Ewing wanted to listen to that sweet North Lanarkshire accent!
Thought they were dreadful especially Sam Matterface. Totally bizarre references to "Manchester United" throughout shoehorning in references about former youth players etc. Why can't we just get commentary and factual analysis of the match? We don't want to listen to two people chatting to each other. It was much better when one commentator was used to cover matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.