Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wright's turned into a pretty good pundit.
Don't mind Ian Wright. Wasn't keen on him as a player though (maybe partly because he always looked so good when playing us?)
Admittedly ,not hard to do, but I do think he does talk more sense than most of the other buffoons, apart from when he's talking about Arsenal(for obvious reasons I guess!) .
Maybe Old Wrightly has his lad keeping him 'in check' about his comments regarding City. A while back I do seem to remember him saying he had quite a lot of respect for City because of the way Shaun was treated by the club(by the fans, I'm assuming he's talking about?)

Don't mind Ian Wright. Wasn't keen on him as a player though (maybe partly because he always looked so good when playing us?)
Admittedly ,not hard to do, but I do think he does talk more sense than most of the other buffoons, apart from when he's talking about Arsenal(for obvious reasons I guess!) .
Maybe Old Wrightly has his lad keeping him 'in check' about his comments regarding City. A while back I do seem to remember him saying he had quite a lot of respect for City because of the way Shaun was treated by the club(by the fans, I'm assuming he's talking about?)

Yeah, I think SWP definitely made him better disposed towards City. He also seems to accept that he has Arsenal bias, but it doesn't seem to be used to belittle others.

I think some of it is that he arrived at the top quite late on - I think he was about 25 when he first played in the top division and it was several more years before he went to Arsenal. He did a couple of documentaries and that seemed to make him realise that didn't have to be the poor pundit that he started as.

I was livid with that question to Foden.
I really wish he had said something along the lines of
''Did they win it? I was out fishing with my lad - to be honest, United are an irrelevance in terms of how we prepare ourselves for games and set targets for each season. Now would you like to ask a question about tonight's game?''
Phil should have said "The League Cup? Whoopi doo. I've won 4 of those plus 4 Premier League titles and an FA Cup with City and I'm still only 22."

FA Cup Tie.

Pep gets asked about Utd's League Cup win pre match.
Phil Foden gets asked about Utd's League Cup win post match.

Media.
Obsessed.
And how many mentions did the Rags get from the commentators. I would have counted but I had the mute firmly taped down and the batteries removed in case Mrs Ewing wanted to listen to that sweet North Lanarkshire accent!

I was livid with that question to Foden.
I really wish he had said something along the lines of
''Did they win it? I was out fishing with my lad - to be honest, United are an irrelevance in terms of how we prepare ourselves for games and set targets for each season. Now would you like to ask a question about tonight's game?''
I just thought it was bizzare on many levels. I wonder how the FA Cup sponsors felt about the interviewer bringing up a competitors trophy? I was hoping Phil was gonna say, "This is the FA Cup mate. Next question."

Phil should have said "The League Cup? Whoopi doo. I've won 4 of those plus 4 Premier League titles and an FA Cup with City and I'm still only 22."

Haha yep that be funny! What do you think the headline will be next morning! It’s why asking a stupid question like that the only answer is what foden says! Even if you look up at the person who asked the question with a confused face and say what’s that got to do with this game! You still right a headline for the red shirt media!

The 2 fucking idiots were going on about a quiz question whilst we were attacking, they were a total embarrassment and made Tyler look competent.
I was listening to the crowd but caught that whilst doing so but as I blank them out didn't register the full question and didn't catch the answer.......if it wasn't rags they'll be demoted to ITV4.

Didn't really understand the relevance of the question about a different team winning a different competition in a post match interview but Phil batted it away quite well. Probably showed more about the interviewers obsession than anything else.
but he wouldve got his bonus and pats on his back for mentioning the rags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.