Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as you are playing to the audience and we would love it to be true.....neither are struggling, unfortunately.The dippers are finding form and the rags are in a position to challenge us.
fucking watford would be in position to challenge us if webb worked for them

Is he?
He'll love that.
Description-ryanair-travel.JPG

You have gone on a tangent now.
No. It's just giving back in kind what the media give us, do you also believe Liverpool have shared dominance with us over the last five years? The Ryan Air derby should be interesting if one of the red tops gives the other an absolute hammering. Will the winning team be on the way back to world domination and the loser be struggling like us.

I think, in short, they do it because bashing City sells. I just don’t think it’s as simple as united winning everything being unequivocally good for the brand. I think we play a useful role to them as pantomime villains, and overall they will view the style of football we play and the players (and manger) we have attracted to the English game as definitely good for the brand. So I think, through Sky’s eyes we have an important role, but they want to keep us on a leash, don’t want us to completely dominate, and they know that casting us as villains, rather than praising us, is good for business. They realise that drumming up negativity in relation to City from redshirt fans is both easy and lucrative. I think if we disappeared tomorrow, they would need to find another club to fill that role. It’s all about creating a narrative of conflict.

I think if, overall, you asked senior Sky officials, if Sheikh Mansour’s takeover had been good for business over the last fifteen years, the answer would in the majority of cases be yes - which I guess was my point. Doesn’t mean I think they report on us fairly, or equally, because they absolutely don’t.
Like most walks of life , people love to hate the bad guy and support the good guy , as you say , we are providing the role required , if it wasnt us then after a few trophies Newcastle would be next in line.
In the eyes of the media we are collateral damage , we have been manna from heaven , the column inches our club has filled since the takeover would wrap around the universe several times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.