Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
From F365:

"Merson feels Man Utd will dampen Liverpool’s top four hopes and win 2-1 at Anfield."

Just in case anyone was in any danger of confusing Merson with a serious pundit.

Why is that unserious?

Loads of people expected United to win yesterday pre-match. I think the bookies just edged Liverpool and the lowest odds was a 2-1 to Liverpool, so predicting it to go 1 goal the other way was not ridiculous given the form of the 2 sides.

I thought that Sky's coverage of the Liverpool-United game yesterday was a total and utter disgrace. It has basically descended into a fan channel whenever those two teams play. Carragher and Neville displayed a shocking lack of professionalism throughout and after the game. No other pundits are given free reign to be so partisan when covering the teams they support. Their hysterical reactions to everything were an embarrassment.
on Espn the English host was wittering on about Liverpool winning the 'derby', I think it was Stevie Nichol who told him it was a rivalry, not a derby.

I thought that Sky's coverage of the Liverpool-United game yesterday was a total and utter disgrace. It has basically descended into a fan channel whenever those two teams play. Carragher and Neville displayed a shocking lack of professionalism throughout and after the game. No other pundits are given free reign to be so partisan when covering the teams they support. Their hysterical reactions to everything were an embarrassment.
The BT Sport 'Score' studio were also a disgrace on saturday. The presenter Jules Breach was practically begging for Arsenal to score, and when the inevitably did well over the allotted injury time, pretty much the whole studio were arms in the air cheering, especially that c*nt Sutton. It was like they'd won the league, not scraped a late winner at home to bottom of the league Brighton.

Our sports media in this country are shocking; not an ounce of integrity or objectivity amongst them. And as for neutrality...

From F365:

"Merson feels Man Utd will dampen Liverpool’s top four hopes and win 2-1 at Anfield."

Just in case anyone was in any danger of confusing Merson with a serious pundit.
He has also stated that if Arsenal win the next 3 league games they'll win the title.

The bloke is a loose cannon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.