Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Garth Crooks is up to his usual tricks today. Saying [Bernardo] does what Jack Grealish fails to do, at least on a regular basis, and that is score goals. Even with a modicum of research he should be able to see that Bernie has only ever reached double figures in a season (in all comps) on 2 of the 5 years he's been with us so that hardly makes him a regular on the scoresheet.

I see Garth Crooks is up to his usual tricks today. Saying [Bernardo] does what Jack Grealish fails to do, at least on a regular basis, and that is score goals. Even with a modicum of research he should be able to see that Bernie has only ever reached double figures in a season (in all comps) on 2 of the 5 years he's been with us so that hardly makes him a regular on the scoresheet.
The daft **** will even after today probably still have at least two rags in his team of the week

Some journalists seem a little sensitive, Jamie Jackson from the Guardian blocked me on Twitter for this comment on his City match report yesterday.

You'd make a good United fanzine writer!

This was his opening paragraph: "This was another of those Manchester City displays that are becoming less of a curio: flat, discordant and ending in a scrappy win that would have been a blazing, rampant victory in previous seasons."

I was blocked for asking how the sales of 'The Red Apprentice' were going.

I thought that Sky's coverage of the Liverpool-United game yesterday was a total and utter disgrace. It has basically descended into a fan channel whenever those two teams play. Carragher and Neville displayed a shocking lack of professionalism throughout and after the game. No other pundits are given free reign to be so partisan when covering the teams they support. Their hysterical reactions to everything were an embarrassment.

Some journalists seem a little sensitive, Jamie Jackson from the Guardian blocked me on Twitter for this comment on his City match report yesterday.

You'd make a good United fanzine writer!

This was his opening paragraph: "This was another of those Manchester City displays that are becoming less of a curio: flat, discordant and ending in a scrappy win that would have been a blazing, rampant victory in previous seasons."
Blocking you is petty for sure but I think his opening paragraph summed up our game against Newcastle quite well!

The front page of the sports section of the DT this morning had a headline 'The circus is back in town!" I'm not reading the article so I just assume that 'the circus' is the Dippers as they have a bare-chested Salah in the graphic (did he get booked?), and Klippity is the nearest German to Charlie Cairoli. And besides, the Rags turned the game into a pantomime. Funnily enough, I've never been fond of circuses nor pantomimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.