Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've just done a 60 second sports update for upcoming stuff this weekend on the beeb.

Perhaps the reasonable amongst us might think a quick comment on the CL draw today? No, maybe you know, perhaps talk about the FA Cup games that the beeb are showing this weekend?

Crazy talk, eh??

I wasn't expecting badminton championships, though perhaps in retrospect, the ragettes' women's FA Cup tie being mentioned WAS a shoe-In.

What I’d love to know is when will we get history?? We’ve been successful for over 10 years now. Does history kick in on 15 yrs . 20?? (Ignoring the fact that we had ‘history’ in the late 60’s/early 70’s). I, for one, can’t wait for our modern history to kick in………
No, history is from the mid-1960s through to the late 1980s if you happen to be a Dipper. For Rags it would be 1990 to 2012. For Spurs fans it will be 1960 to 1962! Other teams such as Everton, Arsenal, Nottingham Forest, Derby County, and even Ipswich Town could come up with a golden age.

I suppose for City, we could focus on 1965 to 1974 and from 2011 onwards?

The paradox is that both United and Liverpool supporters seem to hark back to a golden age that ended 10 years back for the Arabs and 30 years ago for the Dippers.

You can imagine if United had drawn Bayern Munich it would be a classic tie between 2 European Giants.

Followed by article after article about United's 1999 CL final win against Bayern in Barcelona and the treble.

Screenshot-20230317-142002-2.png

Meanwhile at the bottom of the article is the bookies odds, they don’t seem make out it’s a disaster.

224C38A3-6C97-4740-A517-A14EBC50D8A7.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.