Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
the allegation is the avoidance relies on bogus payment schemes to player agents and is thus tax evasion which is not legal
Proper journalism might have considered comparisons with other industries where this sort of twofold payment is common.

Even in personal finance, if you buy through a broker (eg. a price comparison website) it's normal for the broker to be paid by both parties.

And if you look at our biggest transfer deal recently, we got Haaland for about £100m less than his full transfer value purely based on the way his agent structured his last contract. Therefore it's reasonable to expect City to make a direct payment to the agent in return for this.

Unfortunately, the words BBC and Proper Journalism don't go together. As long as they can run a negative story with constant references to City and a nice Sky Blue cover photo, they've ticked all their boxes.

Dan Niedle the guy who did the research is incredibly thorough and accurate. He’s basing it off the amount of agents fees paid and the amount paid via dual representation, which is public data.

I think the estimate is because you can’t know for certain how what the fair value or agent services are to clubs for each signing.

The reporting is a problem, not the actual research IMO, although IMO it’s an overreaction to a debatable grey area.

plus it's not been standardised by turnover, which would help display the magnitude of the issue per club. Also, you have the inherent problem of fees (agent & transfer) being skewed at the very top end, which is the part of the spectrum City tend to operate in.

Haha we can all suffer with 'trigger finger' online.... normally for me it's missing the decimal point if I'm putting something on quick.
I once ended up playing a £50 heads up online poker game instead of the £5 one I thought I’d registered. That kind of game attracts professional’s and thought I’d done my cash, somehow I ended up winning, either a poor pro or I just got a mug punter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.