Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's assuming the agent works on behalf of the player and not the club and should therefore be paid by the player.

That's a reasonable assumption, it's probably near 100% accurate, but you can't know for sure, so he's couched it by saying it's an estimate.

The guy investigating this is the guy who brought down Nadhim Zahawi, he's not manipulating figures to make City look bad, his target is the Conservative government.
"Brought down Nadhim Zahawi"? He's still in government... hardly brought down!

Dan Niedle the guy who did the research is incredibly thorough and accurate. He’s basing it off the amount of agents fees paid and the amount paid via dual representation, which is public data.

I think the estimate is because you can’t know for certain how what the fair value or agent services are to clubs for each signing.

The reporting is a problem, not the actual research IMO, although IMO it’s an overreaction to a debatable grey area.

Tbh, I was surprised by his statement that most big businesses don't avoid tax, because most tax-avoidance schemes fail and they fear the public backlash. Doesn't reflect how I remember things.

I suppose his numbers should be OK, but as far as I can see, his only beef is how a club can justify the services that the agent performs for them, rather than the player. Let the clubs explain that to HMRC, I am sure they all get expensive tax advice.

Not sure why he has such a bee in his bonnet.

Yeah this is the research the BBC quotes. Take note of the top 5 teams -
image-26-1024x522.png

Here's how the BBC summarise it.

" the teams thought to have benefitted most from dual representation in the past few years include Manchester City, Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea. "

Hmm. Someone is missing!
The writer would receive death threats from online Norwegian trolls and be sacked after his editor was forced to publically apologise if the missing someone was mentioned.

Sky Sports News hold the back pages on Stadium revamps.

Presenter: "dare we say have Man City even got the fans to fill it?"

A laughing Delooney: " You could say that, we know the jokes..."

City really shouldn't put up with this shit, certainly from Sky.

If I'm in the Comms office this morning, I'm ringing telling the cunts not to bother asking any questions of us prior to this weekend's game.

Minimal non-compliance.
Can you remember who the Sky presenter was ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.