Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
just watched BBC review of W29.... Both Ian Wright pro Asrenal laying down facts of how tight it is as they have to pass each tie and move on in the chase. Shaun ,who still looks about 20 yrs old -Wright-Phillips who was non bias in supplimenting the facts on what City need to do and that the chase is Asrenals to lose....amazing, enjoying the opinions and respect both...i have a love of them both.

Then that twat Migual comes on gives two sentences and i turned off....He mentions Utds `99 team instantly and claims the league is not as exciting as it was when the scum were in the mix....In those days there was more passion.
What an absolute Asshole and a joke to be in the Media.

Last edited:
Sky sports news this morning

"Massive game at Stamford Bridge tonight as two of the top teams in The Premier League go head to head"

That would be Chelsea who are 11th and Liverpool 8th.

You'd never guess this was the game Sky are showing live would you?
On 5 Live this morning they referred to it as a 'mid-table clash'. Admittedly mainly to wind one of the presenters up although he didn't actually disagree.

Then that twat Migual comes on gives two sentences and i turned off....He mentions Utds `99 team instantly and claims the league is not as exciting as it was when the scum were inthe mix....In those days there was more passion.
What an apsolute Asshole and a joke to be in the Media.

The thing is, that was 24 years ago. Nearly a quarter of a century. That's where these united fans live. Anyone under the age of 30 won't remember anything about it so he can prattle away all he wants. File under "things were better in my day..."

The thing is, that was 24 years ago. Nearly a quarter of a century. That's where these united fans live. Anyone under the age of 30 won't remember anything about it so he can prattle away all he wants. File under "things were better in my day..."
And he was only 8 so probably doesn't actually remember any of it.

Agree 100 per cent. It is just deflecting from our brilliant team and giving ammunition to our enemies. We should also ditch the "murderers" song. Heysel happened in 1986. We didn't sing anything about it till about five years ago so I don't think we should use it as a weapon almost 40 years after the event.
You might want to be dictated to by the vile dipps who are trying to take our club down , hope nobody else stops singing it

Heysel has managed to establish itself and become weaponised since 1985 (not 1986) for two principal reasons.

Firstly, Liverpool’s (club and supporters) subsequent inability to take responsibility or treat it solemnly enough: continued blame of extraneous, tenuous (at best) factors; refusal to refer to it in honest terms (‘collapsing wall’); lack of respect for its anniversary (in stark contrast with that for Hillsborough). They want to reshape the narrative, and extinguish the actual cause from history, and they shouldn’t be allowed to, which your approach would surely aid and abet (not talking specifically about ‘murderers’ references, but more generally).

Secondly, given their developing predilection for being unable to accept responsibility and blame for events in recent years, Heysel is the apotheosis of this, and provides the best platform to expose this trait to comical effect: Chelsea fans, Belgian skinheads, Juventus fans.

So , when you think about it, in actual fact, the rise in references to Heysel, are ultimately the fault of Liverpool fans…
A salute to you! Excellent post

just watched BBC review of W29.... Both Ian Wright pro Asrenal laying down facts of how tight it is as they have to pass each tie and move on in the chase. Shaun ,who still looks about 20 yrs old -Wright-Phillips who was non bias in supplimenting the facts on what City need to do and that the chase is Asrenals to lose....amazing, enjoying the opinions and respect both...i have a love of them both.

Then that twat Migual comes on gives two sentences and i turned off....He mentions Utds `99 team instantly and claims the league is not as exciting as it was when the scum were inthe mix....In those days there was more passion.
What an apsolute Asshole and a joke to be in the Media.

It’s not the nineties anymore…….

So just had this come through. Clearly fubo haven’t had the memo…

And before anyone asks, no I don’t pay them as my IPTV is waayyy cheaper.

Attachments

• 2D6FABED-57ED-4F11-A15E-67ED1537B36D.jpeg
    2D6FABED-57ED-4F11-A15E-67ED1537B36D.jpeg
    509 KB · Views: 454
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.