Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emile Heskey owes me a quid! Genuinely. I was a member of the DW gym in Wigan near the stadium a few years back. Him and a few other players came in to do a warm up before a game and believe it or not he didn’t have a pound coin for the locker in the dressing room. So I lent it him. When I got back too the dressing room after finishing my gym session, him and his mates had already gone. With my quid!
Trust you to remember when someone owes you a nicker! :-)

Anyone click that haaland fewest touches stat on sky first half hahahaha wankers
They use it as a stick to beat him with, wonder if they'll concede it actually represents just how good his goal return is? Wonder if Farah horseface uses it to justify the claim that Darwin is a better signing at £85M then Viking at £51M?

They use it as a stick to beat him with, wonder if they'll concede it actually represents just how good his goal return is? Wonder if Farah horseface uses it to justify the claim that Darwin is a better signing at £85M then Viking at £51M?

It’s the same reason the media hate posting Per 90 stats for any of our players when doing comparisons to historical tallies of rag, dipper, or arse players or teams.

They put past numbers to absolute shame.

For instance, Ryan Giggs—the current all time PL assists leader—has 62 more assists in his PL career, but played over 46k minutes, whereas Kev has gotten 100 assists in just over 18k minutes. Kev has played 39% of Giggs’ minutes but has 62% of his assists.

Kev is demonstratively more productive, but media outlets never want to make that clear as it would alienate a large portion of their viewer base.

It’s the same reason the media hate posting Per 90 stats for any of our players when doing comparisons to historical tallies of rag, dipper, or arse players or teams.

They put past numbers to absolute shame.

For instance, Ryan Giggs—the current all time PL assists leader—has 62 more assists in his PL career, but played over 46k minutes, whereas Kev has gotten 100 assists in just over 18k minutes. Kev has played 39% of Giggs’ minutes but has 62% of his assists.

Kev is demonstratively more productive, but media outlets never want to make that clear as it would alienate a large portion of their viewer base.

To be fair, both sky and the bbc mentioned the speed at which he’s got to 100 assists and it being far quicker than anyone else by a considerable margin and Shearer and Lineker did just say out of all of them, he’s the one they’d want to play with the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.