Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, both sky and the bbc mentioned the speed at which he’s got to 100 assists and it being far quicker than anyone else by a considerable margin and Shearer and Lineker did just say out of all of them, he’s the one they’d want to play with the most.
Those admissions are few and far between, unfortunately. At least up until now.

Perhaps general sentiment is finally shifting?

That remains to be seen sadly. Tuesday night, bt will be there in their lederhosen gobbling spicy sausages like it's going out of fashion.

Think there is a serious disconnect between the football media and fans, epitomised by how they report on the victims song, and why plenty of other fans were singing it.

Was it Wolves cheering at theirs when we beat villa to retain the title?!

Doesn't help that the people of influence have got the intellectual capacity of an amoeba, without it's personality.

Plus ca change!!

That remains to be seen sadly. Tuesday night, bt will be there in their lederhosen gobbling spicy sausages like it's going out of fashion.

Think there is a serious disconnect between the football media and fans, epitomised by how they report on the victims song, and why plenty of other fans were singing it.

Was it Wolves cheering at theirs when we beat villa to retain the title?!

Doesn't help that the people of influence have got the intellectual capacity of an amoeba, without it's personality.

Plus ca change!!
I completely agree, sadly.

I don’t think it’s not been there in certain places. Taking MoTD as an example, Lineker and Shearer in particular I’ve thought have always sung our praises and those of certain players as well as Pep (as an aside, and we don’t notice it now as we are one of the big clubs, I’d have been very irked if I was a Southampton fan as there wasn’t even a mention about them in the post match analysis).

I think you find it more in the print media and certain journalists, particularly in the main press. I don’t really read any of them though so don’t notice it, the more analytical football journalists all wax lyrical about us though. They can’t not with the football we play and how Pep manages us tbh.

I don’t think it’s not been there in certain places. Taking MoTD as an example, Lineker and Shearer in particular I’ve thought have always sung our praises and those of certain players as well as Pep (as an aside, and we don’t notice it now as we are one of the big clubs, I’d have been very irked if I was a Southampton fan as there wasn’t even a mention about them in the post match analysis).

I think you find it more in the print media and certain journalists, particularly in the main press. I don’t really read any of them though so don’t notice it, the more analytical football journalists all wax lyrical about us though. They can’t not with the football we play and how Pep manages us tbh.
I am not sure I agree that they properly contextualise individual City player performances and achievements so it is obvious *how* much more dominant and productive they have been compared to previous players and eras, which is what I was talking about. But I do take your point about rational, fairly neutral analysts singing our praises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.