Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Sebastian Coe have a go at us for taking the athletic track out of the stadium even though it was moveda hundred yards away to athletic arena?

Think he was pissed off the stadium was being turned into a football stadium rather than it being left as an athletic stadium
Coe certainly complained long and loud.

Athletics tracks are always under used. The only time they ever be full is for an Olympic Games or a Commonwealth Games. That’s about two weeks every 50 to 100 years!

Edinburgh built New Meadowbank Stadium for the 1970 Commonwealth Games. Leith Athletic FC had used that stadium ads did Edinburgh Monarchs Speedway, who were evicted to make way for the White Elephant.

Monarchs moved to Coatbridge and then the license was sold to Wembley. It was 1977 before Monarchs returned to Edinburgh.

Meantime no one knew what to do with Meadowbank Stadium. It did host another Commonwealth Games in 1986. Apart from a brief spell as a Rugby Stadium, and also as a rather unsatisfactory home for Meadowbank Thistle FC and Edinburgh City FC, it never found a use and was recently demolished to make way for a far small venue.

Sheffield built the Don Valley Stadium for the 1991 World Student Games. They tried all sorts of used including Rugby League, American Football, and even hosted Rotherham United for a spell. It couldn’t sustain a use and was closed and demolished in 2013.

Why does it bother you so much?

Should it only be 'rammed down our throats' if they reach the final?
Firstly, I'd say there are more important things happening in the big wide world and secondly it's the BBC aggressively plugging something that they have exclusive coverage of to try and boost viewing figures for the televising of the match.
I applaud the Lionesses for their success in the tournament and for the increased interest this has had on girls (and boys) in wanting to play (more) football but I don't think it merits being the lead story on the News at Six.

Didn't Sebastian Coe have a go at us for taking the athletic track out of the stadium even though it was moveda hundred yards away to athletic arena?

Think he was pissed off the stadium was being turned into a football stadium rather than it being left as an athletic stadium

He did and Paula Radcliffe too, she said it had to remain an athletic stadium.

I don’t know, but I read somewhere that he no longer believes in god. Maybe true.
If you believed in God and all that, why would you spend your time trying to jump far?

Wouldn't you just live blissfully and wait to join him in heaven (bit heavy for the agenda thread maybe)? ;-)

Firstly, I'd say there are more important things happening in the big wide world and secondly it's the BBC aggressively plugging something that they have exclusive coverage of to try and boost viewing figures for the televising of the match.
I applaud the Lionesses for their success in the tournament and for the increased interest this has had on girls (and boys) in wanting to play (more) football but I don't think it merits being the lead story on the News at Six.
You feel woman's success should be a footnote then?

Probably why they have been screaming for equal right for years I guess.

Just let it go over your head, I fail to see how it can even be an issue and it isn't just you btw but it isn't a good look when blokes whine on about such stuff and then claim it isn't even real football they play lol

It isn't even about being woke or simping as some twats on twitter call it.

It is called having a daughter and it being good to see that maybe my future granddaughters will be encouraged to play whatever sport or do a job they want to do even if it isn't stereotypical for girls according to some gimps on the internet.

..because it's only women after all, yeah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.