Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC appointed Mihir Bose as its first sports news editor in 2009. He kicked off with a report criticising the Etihad for its running track ruining the football. Of course he had never been there. YCNMIU.
Didn't Sebastian Coe have a go at us for taking the athletic track out of the stadium even though it was moveda hundred yards away to athletic arena?

Think he was pissed off the stadium was being turned into a football stadium rather than it being left as an athletic stadium

Didn't Sebastian Coe have a go at us for taking the athletic track out of the stadium even though it was moveda hundred yards away to athletic arena?

Think he was pissed off the stadium was being turned into a football stadium rather than it being left as an athletic stadium
He probably did, but I don’t remember that.
The triple jumper Edwards complained that we were getting the stadium for free! Ffs, we gave them a huge site, Maine Rd, and a pile of annual rent. Not to mention we threw in dog shit alley for nothing. Unlike Wham, we paid for the conversion too.
How much did athletics pay for either stadium at Eastlands or for the olympic stadium?

Last edited:
He probably did, but I don’t remember that.
The triple jumper Edwards complained that we were getting the stadium for free! Ffs, we gave them a huge site, Maine Rd, and a pile of annual rent. Not to mention we threw in dog shit alley for nothing. Unlike Wham, we paid for the conversion too.
How much did athletics pay for either stadium at Eastlands?
I may be mixing my drinks here but didn't we allow him the use of Maine Road whilst we were there for one of his God bothering brain washing sessions seminars?

Who gives a flying fuck what that tory bastard Coe thinks. I was always a Ovett fan and couldn't cheer slimey Sebs Olympic gold. If the Etihad had remained an athletics stadium it wold have been a total white elephant, the current athletics arena is more than big enough for the crowds athletics attracts in the North West. I really didn't care as I wanted to stay at Maine Rd anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.