Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theo Walcott postgame interview, Arsenal "way better" than City. Someone get him a cup and get a specimen, quickly...
I think most football fans can see the former arsenal player’s comments for what they really are. I heard something similar from the frenchman that looks like a paedophile arsene wenger the other day. You are not fooling anyone, lads. We know you are primarily trying to convince yourselves. We can see you cracking before our very eyes. We have seen better teams than you do it before on several occasions and we know the signs.

It’s great.

Agreed mate, Francis still makes my all time best City squad, unbelievably talented.

PS , yours (and Petrusia’s) memory is much better than mine so you may remember, I’m pretty sure Francis was actually the 3rd on the list of our targets for a striker, Fashanu 2nd l, I remember as someone at the club said something like “he was 3rd choice, but we’ve got the best one out of the lot”, but who was the first Striker we went for ?

If I recall correctly, we were first trying for Joe Jordan, who had a get-out clause in his contract at Old Trafford but was set on joining AC Milan. Fashanu's ill-fated decision to join Forest meant they had to fund the deal by selling a player and it was Francis they let go.

For a while in the autumn of 1981, with Francis and Reeves up front ahead of a midfield of Hutchison, Tueart, Hartford and Power, we looked like a side that, at the least, could finish high enough in the league to qualify for the next season's UEFA Cup. Unfortunately, Tueart, who was in fantastic form, ruptured his Achilles tendon and missed the second half of the season. Hutchison was shipped out along with others as we had to cut costs. And we suffered a load of other injuries including regular ones to Francis. A team that had seemed capable of much better ended up limping home in tenth place.

If I recall correctly, we were first trying for Joe Jordan, who had a get-out clause in his contract at Old Trafford but was set on joining AC Milan. Fashanu's ill-fated decision to join Forest meant they had to fund the deal by selling a player and it was Francis they let go.

For a while in the autumn of 1981, with Francis and Reeves up front ahead of a midfield of Hutchison, Tueart, Hartford and Power, we looked like a side that, at the least, could finish high enough in the league to qualify for the next season's UEFA Cup. Unfortunately, Tueart, who was in fantastic form, ruptured his Achilles tendon and missed the second half of the season. Hutchison was shipped out along with others as we had to cut costs. And we suffered a load of other injuries including regular ones to Francis. A team that had seemed capable of much better ended up limping home in tenth place.
Thanks for that mate, Jordan’s name still doesn’t give me that ‘EUREKA’ moment, but it must be him given my memory of that conversation and you recalling his name in those circumstances too, tbf I probably wasn’t paying too much attention as per usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.