Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unconventional, but with a better midfield behind them could have been great.

Francis was the first world class City player since Bell and until Tevez. He was an incredible striker. Reeves was skilful and intelligent. And held the ball up well. Could have been an interesting combination with City’s current best midfield of four behind them.
Think you’re right there and it’s sad that Power who had such a great year in 80-81 was injured long term leaving a big problem on the left and an improving Steve Mackenzie bizarrely sold weakened the midfield. And then around Nov if I remember, the King of all Geordies was on goal scoring fire and then crocked for the rest of the season. Plus Gerry Gow injured and Tommy Hutch a bit older all contributed. Less said about Martin O’Neill the better.
Bond brought back Asa but a midfield that could have been for example Power, Asa, Mackenzie and Tommy Hutch - often ended up with pick 4 from Asa, Oggy Hariride, Gary Jackson, Tueart, Bond and Reid.
But it’s funny isn’t it, that as you say the world class Francis was fantastic when fit and there were many years and times we thought we’d never see his like again for us (I defy anyone who was at some of those Div 3 aways not to have thought similar).
And now look at us!!!!!If I had a beer for each of the WC players we’ve had in the last 10-15 years, I’d be pissed till May

I’ve heard a figure of 13,000. Maybe I’ve overplayed it slightly, but by any conceivable rational metric, it was an immense away following.

This is what I was seeking to convey.
Yes very big following that day, certainly one of the stand outs, i was at Notts County 85, the good Friday game at Oldham, Blackburn promotion, magic days out.

McGuire 84m
Sancho 75m
Casemiro 70m
Brazilian Wanker 85m
Glass ankles 58m
Fred 63m
Wan Bissaka 50m
5 Various tossers 30m +

lol - 600 million + and they're still dogshit.
Write that in your fucking articles.
Plus £89 million Pogshite walked away for free.
If that would have been us you'd never have heard the last of it.

Unconventional, but with a better midfield behind them could have been great.

Francis was the first world class City player since Bell and until Tevez. He was an incredible striker. Reeves was skilful and intelligent. And held the ball up well. Could have been an interesting combination with City’s current best midfield of four behind them.
Agreed mate, Francis still makes my all time best City squad, unbelievably talented.

PS , yours (and Petrusia’s) memory is much better than mine so you may remember, I’m pretty sure Francis was actually the 3rd on the list of our targets for a striker, Fashanu 2nd l, I remember as someone at the club said something like “he was 3rd choice, but we’ve got the best one out of the lot”, but who was the first Striker we went for ?

Last edited:
Can't help but think the bbc headlines wouldn't have been anywhere near this positive if we'd dropped 6 out of a possible 9 points in 3 game
Whichever one of these so called top four teams are competing with us for a title race, get cut so much slack from the media.

It's remarkable the way the media become their cheerleaders. They couldn't give a flying fuck about Arsenal last year. It was Liverpool this and Liverpool that.

It will be interesting when Newcastle give us a run for our money, the media won't know what to do with themselves. Which one of those nasty regimes do they back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.