Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
And also gave Ramsdale only a 5.
Ha, I am not kidding when I saw MOTM for me went Kev, Haaland, Akanji, Rodri, then Ramsdale.

Say what you want about the rest of the Arsenal team—and there is plenty to say—but if not for Ramsdale’s (and Oliver’s) heroics, that match ends as the biggest effort defeat in PL history. If he let in a few of the chances after Kev’s opener, we would have gone on to create even more chances than we did.

Certainly the UK based channels seem to be mainly manned by Pool or pro United or dare I say anti City commentators.
Contrast that with USA based channels where the agenda seems to be mainly football and how each team played.
Most broadcast coverage here is reported through a 1990s filter with references to MUFC at every opportunity. It is fixated on the past. Very strange and so many pundits are very ignorant about tactics.

On GMB this very morning the result was flashed up on the bottom of the screen accompanied with the fact that Arsenal are still ‘ top of the league ‘. Which is technically correct but doesn’t tell anything like the whole story.
However SSN are in full denial mode. The presenter was going on about how all these games City still have to play must surely catch up on us and even cast doubt on whether we are favourites to win the league.

I’m 63 mate and I can’t think of a more complete City performance ever, we destroyed the top of the league and the best that bitter deluded rag **** can muster is seven sevens. We know who the real bitters are, and always have been
That's a great point, we destroyed the top of the league, it wasn't a smash and grab result, we demolished them over the whole game. It was a performance/game that will give the players the belief to beat the Spanish kings' favoured team.

Last edited:
I see our number one fan, Miguel Delaney, has piped up with an article in the Independent today. I've not bothered to read it for a number of reasons, mainly because he clearly wants to draw comparisons to Lique 1 and PSG in the headline.

It's a strange comparison, given the spending of other Premier League clubs throughout this season straight from Transfermarkt:

Chelsea: £611 Million
Rags: £243 Million
Arsenal: £192 Million
Newcastle: £185 Million
Spurs: £178 Million
City: £150 Million
Liverpool: £137 Million

There are no French clubs capable of spending even a fraction of this, that's why it's uncompetitive. In this league, the trouble seems to be scatter gun spending from other clubs without a careful plan. It's worth noting that with player sales such as Jesus, Sterling, Zinchenko, Lavia etc. We turned a profit, therefore, I want the Dippers net spend trophy in the cabinet as well.

Last edited:
It's a strange comparison, given the spending of other Premier League clubs throughout this season straight from Transfermarkt:

Chelsea: £611 Million
Rags: £243 Million
Arsenal: £192 Million
Newcastle: £185 Million
Spurs: £178 Million
City: £150
Liverpool: £137 Million
We only spent £150?
We really are cutting back aren't we

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.