Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't agree with that at all, I would describe the atmosphere as embarrassing most of the time. "3-0 and you still don't sing" is the song I hear most of the time! If it's "fine" why are the club and supporters clubs forever looking for solutions to improve it?
Its symbolic at every prem ground at times. No ones immune!! Actually think this has been one of the better seasons for atmospheres!! Not perfect but nowhere is!!

Don’t like the guy but on the whole he is complementary about City and he’s a Pep disciple
Rightly so he shouldn’t want another team to match an achievement that he is rightly proud of, even through they were jammy bastards
It’s just the drip feed of negativity Rio presents. A British broadcaster should be celebrating success of any English team in Europe not least for commercial reasons. BT Sport have missed the boat with City like so many other people in the media who have made fools of themselves.

BBC scraping the barrel they have allowed tront to bring his pet spider into the studio ! God knows what he is saying tho , Tront not the spider !

It was on prime time morning tv for 15 minutes! I kept turning it over and back and it was still on. Went to make some coffee later and he was on BBC 5Live!

Listened to the the two Robbie's on the NBC coverage and they are the only one's I've seen that have called it correctly.

Robbie Earl stated, it's not just the money, all the other clubs spend big money, look at Chelsea. The difference is Pep, we've never seen anything like him.

I forgot to add, Peter Drury loves us....thought he was going to cry tears of joy when talking to KDB after the game.
For me, it is not just about Pep, but also a professional business and football structure the club have built over the last 12/13 years. To win all the underage trophies, over the last 5/6 years is incredible.I love watching these games on City+ and the teams of all ages have players of exceptional ability, and also understand the team ethic of win or lose as a team.

In the past we have bought some players (often for ridiculous fees) that weren't as good as we expected, and we couldn't get rid because of their high wages. These days very few don't meet our expectations after we sign them. It might take a season to get up to speed, but they usually do.

Also just being a good footballer doesn't cut it, we expect players to be professional, mature and to a degree humble.

I first saw City in 1967 against Burnley at Maine Rd, supported ever since, seen the ups and downs, never expected this level of football or success. Let's face it in the dark times we only wanted to beat the scum twice a year for bragging rights - NEVER IN MY LIFETIME the purple nosed piss can

Then came HRH, Khaldoon, Soriano and Txiki (I would have said Bergiristain) but I can't spell it.

And here we are, let's face it we are quite good

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.