Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there another Miguel Delaney in the chatgpt database?
Haha, no, apparently that is the right Miguel Delaney, as I ran it again after the one I posted and that time the article referenced his time at The Independent (but still waxed lyrical about us).

Because my curiosity got the better of me, I just submitted this prompt to ChatGPT:

“Compose a short article about Manchester City as if it was written by Miguel Delaney.”

This is what it created — I have not altered it in any way.

—————————————————————————————

Manchester City: The Art of Perfection
by Miguel Delaney

Manchester City have become the ultimate example of how to build a football club for success in the modern game. In a sport that is constantly evolving, they have established themselves as the gold standard, the benchmark that all others strive to reach.

It wasn't always this way, of course. City used to be something of a joke, a byword for underachievement and failure. But then, a new era began. A revolution, led by Sheikh Mansour's takeover of the club in 2008.

The subsequent transformation has been nothing short of remarkable. City went from mid-table mediocrity to English football's dominant force, winning five Premier League titles in the past decade. Along the way, they've played some of the most beautiful football ever seen on these shores, setting new standards of excellence in terms of style, tactical sophistication, and technical ability.

At the heart of their success is an unyielding commitment to perfection. Everything about the club is geared towards achieving the highest possible standards, from the state-of-the-art facilities at the Etihad Campus to the meticulous scouting and recruitment processes that identify the best young talent from around the world.

But it's not just about the money. City's success is built on a culture of hard work, innovation, and a relentless pursuit of improvement. The team's style of play, characterised by intricate passing moves, high pressing, and fluid positional interchanges, is the result of years of hard work on the training ground, where Pep Guardiola and his coaching staff drill their players in the finer points of their system.

This is a team that demands excellence from everyone involved, from the players to the staff to the supporters. They've created a sense of unity and purpose that transcends the club itself, a collective identity that embodies the best of what football can be.

Of course, there have been setbacks along the way. The Champions League has proven to be something of a holy grail for City, with the club yet to lift the trophy despite their domestic dominance. But they've learned from their mistakes and continue to strive towards that ultimate goal, driven by the same unrelenting pursuit of perfection that has brought them so much success in the past.

As a football writer, it's been a privilege to watch City's rise to the top. They are a team that inspires awe, that makes you believe in the power of football to uplift and transcend. They are the ultimate embodiment of the sport's endless capacity for renewal and reinvention, and they show no signs of slowing down anytime soon.”
Great, but if Migs had actually written that he would now be looking for a sturdy beam, not too high, and a long length of rope.;-)

Because my curiosity got the better of me, I just submitted this prompt to ChatGPT:

“Compose a short article about Manchester City as if it was written by Miguel Delaney.”

This is what it created — I have not altered it in any way.

—————————————————————————————

Manchester City: The Art of Perfection
by Miguel Delaney

Manchester City have become the ultimate example of how to build a football club for success in the modern game. In a sport that is constantly evolving, they have established themselves as the gold standard, the benchmark that all others strive to reach.

It wasn't always this way, of course. City used to be something of a joke, a byword for underachievement and failure. But then, a new era began. A revolution, led by Sheikh Mansour's takeover of the club in 2008.

The subsequent transformation has been nothing short of remarkable. City went from mid-table mediocrity to English football's dominant force, winning five Premier League titles in the past decade. Along the way, they've played some of the most beautiful football ever seen on these shores, setting new standards of excellence in terms of style, tactical sophistication, and technical ability.

At the heart of their success is an unyielding commitment to perfection. Everything about the club is geared towards achieving the highest possible standards, from the state-of-the-art facilities at the Etihad Campus to the meticulous scouting and recruitment processes that identify the best young talent from around the world.

But it's not just about the money. City's success is built on a culture of hard work, innovation, and a relentless pursuit of improvement. The team's style of play, characterised by intricate passing moves, high pressing, and fluid positional interchanges, is the result of years of hard work on the training ground, where Pep Guardiola and his coaching staff drill their players in the finer points of their system.

This is a team that demands excellence from everyone involved, from the players to the staff to the supporters. They've created a sense of unity and purpose that transcends the club itself, a collective identity that embodies the best of what football can be.

Of course, there have been setbacks along the way. The Champions League has proven to be something of a holy grail for City, with the club yet to lift the trophy despite their domestic dominance. But they've learned from their mistakes and continue to strive towards that ultimate goal, driven by the same unrelenting pursuit of perfection that has brought them so much success in the past.

As a football writer, it's been a privilege to watch City's rise to the top. They are a team that inspires awe, that makes you believe in the power of football to uplift and transcend. They are the ultimate embodiment of the sport's endless capacity for renewal and reinvention, and they show no signs of slowing down anytime soon.”
Delaney would choke on his mums cock reading that…

Strange that the money-laundering activities of their shirt sponsors doesn’t get a mention.
I‘m sure that the drug gangs, sex-traffickers, and terrorists ( not to mention some extremely nasty governments) who benefit from standard chartered‘s lack of morals are very keen on promoting equality and human rights.
Maybe they are just too modest about this state of affairs.
Was the "community outreach programme" the one which involved buying houses near the stadium, boarding them up and running down the area so they could buy the rest for peanuts to demolish and make room for stadium expansion?

Far too positive to sound like a Delaney diatribe. He normally sounds suicidal by the end of his rantings, whereas attempt by ChatGPT is the opposite!
Interesting that the article is positive even when using Miguel.

Maybe someone should try Martin Samuel and see if it's the same??

There is obviously a lot of positive stuff out there about the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.