Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s more likely that, behind the scenes, the club has told certain media organisations of the strength of their case (or rather the weakness of the PL’s) and that any egregious reporting prior to the outcome will not be retrospectively met with the club’s habitual supine response. Only logical explanation for Simon Jordan‘s bizarre volte-face.

Something is going on. Three positive articles in the Sunday Times, the Guardian carrying the odd piece of impartial analysis, Oliver Holt making it clear that he is voting for Haaland as player of the year and arch-critics suddenly changing their tune.

However, I'm not inclined towards the belief that they are reacting, collectively, to threats coming from the club. After all, it would be easier to respond to such threats if you believe them, simply by saying nothing.

My guess is that they are being briefed by their usual sources that the case against us is not going to substantiate the claims they have been making for the last 10 years and, essentially, they had better rein in the rhetoric in case it backfires. If that guess is correct, and, obviously it may be just wishful thinking, I'd expect a result to be known relatively sooner rather than later.

Something is going on. Three positive articles in the Sunday Times, the Guardian carrying the odd piece of impartial analysis, Oliver Holt making it clear that he is voting for Haaland as player of the year and arch-critics suddenly changing their tune.

However, I'm not inclined towards the belief that they are reacting, collectively, to threats coming from the club. After all, it would be easier to respond to such threats if you believe them, simply by saying nothing.

My guess is that they are being briefed by their usual sources that the case against us is not going to substantiate the claims they have been making for the last 10 years and, essentially, they had better rein in the rhetoric in case it backfires. If that guess is correct, and, obviously it may be just wishful thinking, I'd expect a result to be known relatively sooner rather than later.
They are such spineless, dishonest cunts.

I do know a Rick Shaw as it happens, and an Alyson Wonderland.
I remember when we lost at Sunderland in the cup replay in 1973 (they beat Leeds in the final), one of the papers' back pages the following morning had a headline of "Allison Blunderland"! We lost 3-1 after a 2-2 draw at Maine Road. A shit night all round, capped by being stopped by the police at 12:20 am for doing fuck all!

Last edited:

That could make it a quadruple for us this season.

I remember when we lost at Sunderland in the cup replay in 1973 (they beat Leeds in the final), one of the papers' back pages the following morning had a headline of "Allison Blunderland"! We lost 3-1 after a 2-2 draw at Maine Road. A shit night all round, capped by being stopped by the police at 12:20qm for doing fuck all!
The Maine Rd draw was my first City game, the replay at Roker Park was my second game.

As I am now living in Western Australia I have been listening to various podcasts as a poor substitute for football banter. At the risk of raising a lot heckles on here, I also read the Guardian, it's free on-line and keeps me up to date with the UK news. For weeks now on the podcast the Irish pseud Glendenning has interrupted every report on City's games with "can we talk about the elephant in the room" i.e. City's ownership followed by the usual City bingo of what is wrong with them, all of it factually incorrect. This is usually followed by Ronay and Wilson trotting out the same old tired cliches and again all factually wrong. We've all heard the stuff before, oil money, state owned, financial irregularities, big squad etc. etc.
This coupled with the slew of articles penned by the Oxford educated Ronay, Wilson and Liew (Edinburgh) articles also constantly referring to City's ownership I had vowed to myself to not listen to the podcast anymore. Then this article was published so, I thought it would be interesting to hear if the usual rubbish was repeated on the podcast. There was not a mention of the owners, the accusations or oil money. There was some sadness that Leeds didn't equalise but generally an ok review.

It seems clear to me that this article is a result of something going on behind the scenes possibly, by City. The very clear description of City's ownership model and the difference between it and Qatar/Saudi ownership seems too concise and detailed to be a random journalist's musing. If that is the case, it's long overdue.
You may be correct. I think the overall tone has changed apart from the extreme conspiracy loons who will never stop. The Guardians coverage of City in recent years has essentially been “fake news.” The Daily Mail has been just as bad. Riddled with mistakes and lies.

I think it’s more likely that, behind the scenes, the club has told certain media organisations of the strength of their case (or rather the weakness of the PL’s) and that any egregious reporting prior to the outcome will not be retrospectively met with the club’s habitual supine response. Only logical explanation for Simon Jordan‘s bizarre volte-face.
Someone has definitely had a word with Jordan. I think he alluded to it in the early days of his ‘conversion’.

As I am now living in Western Australia I have been listening to various podcasts as a poor substitute for football banter. At the risk of raising a lot heckles on here, I also read the Guardian, it's free on-line and keeps me up to date with the UK news. For weeks now on the podcast the Irish pseud Glendenning has interrupted every report on City's games with "can we talk about the elephant in the room" i.e. City's ownership followed by the usual City bingo of what is wrong with them, all of it factually incorrect. This is usually followed by Ronay and Wilson trotting out the same old tired cliches and again all factually wrong. We've all heard the stuff before, oil money, state owned, financial irregularities, big squad etc. etc.
This coupled with the slew of articles penned by the Oxford educated Ronay, Wilson and Liew (Edinburgh) articles also constantly referring to City's ownership I had vowed to myself to not listen to the podcast anymore. Then this article was published so, I thought it would be interesting to hear if the usual rubbish was repeated on the podcast. There was not a mention of the owners, the accusations or oil money. There was some sadness that Leeds didn't equalise but generally an ok review.

It seems clear to me that this article is a result of something going on behind the scenes possibly, by City. The very clear description of City's ownership model and the difference between it and Qatar/Saudi ownership seems too concise and detailed to be a random journalist's musing. If that is the case, it's long overdue.
There’s been a small, but steady stream of positive pieces about City recently. Something’s going on !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.