Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a mock up from BeIN sports, UEFA don’t use the chip in the ball that would allow such an analysis.
A lot is said about a "chip in the ball", but there is no current location technology that would be accurate to the sub-centimetre resolution that would be required. A camera-based system is the only potential solution, as used for the goal line.
The mock-up from Bein sports is a total joke, there is no way they could have generated anything remotely accurate enough from normal TV cameras situated dozens of metres away, at odd angles and heights. I guess they started with the image they *wanted* to show, then worked backwards from there, and claimed it was all "very technical so don't worry your pretty little heads about it". Total wankers.

I grew up in Chorlton in the 60s and support was very much 50-50 although there were more Blues at the Didsbury end and more rags towards the Stretford boundary. At school we always had City v United in the playground during morning break. The sides were evenly numbered despite City floundering in the 2nd division at the time. The City lads always gave a good account of themselves but we did have Graham Paddon playing for us! (Young 'uns look him up).
My Mum worked with his Mum at JD Williams the catalogue company. Think they lived on Kings Road opp Matt Busby but could be mistaken on that.

Wonder why the media aren't talking about Camavingas or Kroos lack of yellow cards for diving.

Is it because they (and Real) want to put pressure on the ref by putting out a fake narrative about how Real were cheated in the first leg?

Wonder how many times they'll dive (not talking going down easily - I mean actual dives like those two in the first leg) at Ethiad and get the decision. My guess is at least 3.

I see you’ve already had a few spot-on replies to this, but just to add, these days the most obvious way to see this is when the camera shows players taking corners. Virtually every time to the initial glance it looks like the ball is outside the line, but it’s not because the curve takes the ball above and over the edge of the white line.

Tbh, I still think on other parts of the pitch edges the ball is given out of play many times when it’s probably still in play.

A lot is said about a "chip in the ball", but there is no current location technology that would be accurate to the sub-centimetre resolution that would be required. A camera-based system is the only potential solution, as used for the goal line.
The mock-up from Bein sports is a total joke, there is no way they could have generated anything remotely accurate enough from normal TV cameras situated dozens of metres away, at odd angles and heights. I guess they started with the image they *wanted* to show, then worked backwards from there, and claimed it was all "very technical so don't worry your pretty little heads about it". Total wankers.
Of course it is a joke mock-up. The only person in the shot is a cameraman. Where is Bernie or the linesman for that matter?

Remember the one against West Ham a few years ago when it went out over Moyes head and back and the other team scored it was clear as day but nothing was done, fuck em, we will smash them on Wednesday

The "chip in the ball" they are all talking about isn't a locator chip at all, it's a motion sensor to detect the exact moment the ball changes direction that can then be synced with the other cameras to determine the player data points which show where each player was when the ball was kicked (which is why the Japan goal at the WC used goal-line cameras to determine if the ball had crossed the goal-line rather than some mythical technology that FIFA wasn't using). It is fuck all to do with the position of the ball. So even if UEFA used the technology they are talking about, which they don't, it wouldn't do what they are claiming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.