Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a game tonight right, scrolled for two minutes down the Fails online site and eventually I came across a few articles. They really are puerile twats, the lot of em

He grew up on the mean street of Hertfordshire, don't you know!

Clearly at pains to show how working class he is by saying he used to play on a plastic pitch in Bedfordshire.

From the gutter to the gutter press.

You not head of the Tring Massive and St Albans Shankers?

On a related point, Hertfordshire is a waste of space. A cultural vacuum, lacking anything interesting and it is full of Spurs and Arsenal fans (they park our street and then get the tube when on the way to home games). Many of the inhabitants are either first, second or third generation of the 'white flight' out of London.

Gerrard was a brilliant player and probably the one most similar to De Bruyne in terms of style of play. A lot of his big goals in the CL were in the groups. Liverpool were often trailing before he decided to do something. If you want an example of De Bruyne stepping up then do a bit of fucking research. It's a ridiculous thing to say when he's literally just rifled one in to equalise at the Bernabeu and as I said, scored the winning penalty there two seasons ago as well as having another 9 CL knockout goals!

It would also be worth noting he was assaulted in the CL final so denied the chance to do the same as Gerrard that time around.
Gerrard was a very good player - but an extremely overrated one, thanks to English/ Liverpool bias - and nostalgia.He gets better every year since he retired

Gündoğan is currently doing things as a club captain in a title run-in that Gerrard was simply never capable of. There's no argument about that.
Gündoğan isn't even City's best midfielder - KdB is. (Even Carragher can see that).

Comparisons between Gerrard and KdB are therefore somewhat moot and demands for a "defining moment" from KdB rather awkward, considering Gerrard's defining moment is falling flat on his face.

Gerrard was a very good player - but an extremely overrated one, thanks to English/ Liverpool bias - and nostalgia.He gets better every year since he retired

Gündoğan is currently doing things as a club captain in a title run-in that Gerrard was simply never capable of. There's no argument about that.
Gündoğan isn't even City's best midfielder - KdB is. (Even Carragher can see that).

Comparisons between Gerrard and KdB are therefore somewhat moot and demands for a "defining moment" from KdB rather awkward, considering Gerrard's defining moment is falling flat on his face.

It's bollocks to suggest De Bruyne hasn't had defining moments. Gerrard had plenty of positive defining moments. His goal to equalise against West Ham, his goal in the CL final where he stepped it up. He was a fantastic player and would have won more in a better side but decided to stay with Liverpool. I wouldn't suggest he wasn't a fantastic player. It will always be that De Bruyne was only good because of who he played with and Gerrard didn't win the league because of who he played with. De Bruyne is better and more consistent in my opinion, but that's probably a City bias. It would have been great watching them at their peaks playing against each other!

Yep…thinking about it, there must be thousands upon thousands of well paid professionals all in on our dirty little secret !
Why wouldn’t you believe that ( if you’re a thick **** )
Yep....they're all in all it.....the kit man, the tea lady, the man who forks the pitch........

It's bollocks to suggest De Bruyne hasn't had defining moments. Gerrard had plenty of positive defining moments. His goal to equalise against West Ham, his goal in the CL final where he stepped it up. He was a fantastic player and would have won more in a better side but decided to stay with Liverpool. I wouldn't suggest he wasn't a fantastic player. It will always be that De Bruyne was only good because of who he played with and Gerrard didn't win the league because of who he played with. De Bruyne is better and more consistent in my opinion, but that's probably a City bias. It would have been great watching them at their peaks playing against each other!
Would KdB scoring v West Ham (or *checks notes* Olympiakos, was it?) be considered a defining moment? I doubt it.
It says something about Gerrard that his most fruitful season was played on the wing - because he couldn't dislodge Alonso and Sissoko.

Please remember in fighting for a place a Spanish midfield with Alonso, Fabregas, Xavi and Inesta, our own David Silva got more caps, assists and (I think) goals than any of Gerrard, Scholes or Lampard did with England. (And won rather more than the so-called golden generation too). Yet, Silva never got the accolades Gerrard did (and still does).

The excuse about KdB doing it because of only doing it because of the team he was surrounded by (not saying you're promoting it btw) is utter rubbish. Torres, Hamann, Carragher, Sterling, Suarez.... all fine players. In any event, Gerrard had the opportunity to move to a club with a proper winning mentality and - like all if his Premier League campaigns - he bottled that too.
A very, very good player. No argument there. Clearly not as good as the Scousers think though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.