Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of us 'lesser' club fans love it, its mainly the bitter/bigger club fans that can't handle the fact you have gatecrashed their party and kicked them out.

That football tonight was truly sublime, the goals were excellent, loved Silva's header and was Alvarez's goal his only touch? Certainly his first I think. It was only Courtois who stopped it being 7 or 8 nil

The title is yours and I'll certainly be rooting for you in the FA Cup and CL Final
Not a lesser club!

Life rule No.1 - Only pick one fight at a time.

I don't even know what his point is. Every PL team would be in that position if they are successful. We should all feel bad, or at least not celebrate properly, because we earn more than the opposition? What is it with these guys not wanting people to enjoy themselves? Miserable bastards.

That 'locks up critics and human rights defenders and exploiting foreign labour' line reminds me of England.

I mean, he'll be writing that bilge in a country that just arrested peaceful protestors for no reason, that introduced id laws for voting which stopped people voting, on a laptop made from the exploitation of kids from mining cobalt and parts from near slave labour in China.

Sure, he's fighting the good fight for human rights.

Holt is everything that is bad about the shameful English football media. He really is an ego on legs. If he was a lollipop he would lick himself to death. I wouldn't wipe my arse anything that he writes. A self important, pompous prick of the highest order.
There's dozens of 'em in the RDAHMeedya - they think they are the story, not any of the details that happen on the pitch! They preen 'n puff themselves up with the smuggest of smug 'knowing nods'!

Christ, Balding Barney is now going after West Ham haha. Completely joyless that c*nt.

Two English non red top teams in the finals of Europe and our press moan. Yet when the dippers are in a European final the press/media say we should all get behind dipperpool as they an English club. Fuck off

When West Ham, who have been down amongst the bottom of the league for a large part of the season, are getting pelters for having the nerve to reach a Euro final and be happy about it, you can safely say, the Guardian have got no idea of what football is about.

Barney Ronay, you take today's 'proper weird ****' award. Its usually a really close run thing too. Well done, you complete simpleton.

Wonder what he would have said if the swamp dwellers got past Sevilla? Actually, I DGAF.

Last edited:
Two English non red top teams in the finals of Europe and our press moan. Yet when the dippers are in a European final the press/media say we should all get behind dipperpool as they an English club. Fuck off

It's as if we can't remember the fawning over a Liverpool quadruple *** checks notes *** this time, just last year. It's laughable.

I am thinking journalists are increasingly out of touch with normal football fans. They seem to think that everyone should hate what City have become, that everyone would welcome Liverpool winning everything, and that everyone wants United back winning trophies again. The reactions of Sunderland fans in 2012, Wolves fans last year, and the general view of normal football fans about the Madrid match tells me nothing is farther from the truth.

What exactly are they trying to achieve with this self-deception?

It's as if we can't remember the fawning over a Liverpool quadruple *** checks notes *** this time, just last year. It's laughable.

I am thinking journalists are increasingly out of touch with normal football fans. They seem to think that everyone should hate what City have become, that everyone would welcome Liverpool winning everything, and that everyone wants United back winning trophies again. The reactions of Sunderland fans in 2012, Wolves fans last year, and the general view of normal football fans about the Madrid match tells me nothing is farther from the truth.

What exactly are they trying to achieve with this self-deception?
They actually believe what they write. If we don't believe it, that's on us. That's the main problem.

What is with these journalists. It states in our 2022 accounts that On 25 July 2021, the Company's ultimate parent undertaking changed from Abu Dhabi United Group Investment and Development Limited to Newton Investment & Development -Sole Proprietorship L.L.C, a company also registered in Abu Dhabi and wholly owned by His Highness Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan. So why are we owned by a "state"? If they mean Abu Dhabi, that is a City not a state, it is one of the emirates that make up the United Arab Emirates but hey all those cheating Arabs look the same so why do we need to tell the truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.