Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which isn’t even written by him. Conversation with his ghost writer probably went like this:

Ghost Writer: Right Wayne, paper needs 1500 words by tomorrow, what topic should we cover this week

WR: nited

GW: We can’t keep writing about them every week otherwise people might think we are some sort of marketing propaganda for them. We need to be transparent at all times.

WR: I am no trans parent

GW: I said transparent not trans, oh never mind, I need a topic to writ3 about

WR: nited

GW: How about we write about what a great team City are and all the negative press they receive is unjustified

WR nited done treble, City not great

GW: Okay, let’s write about how nited can stop them winning the treble

WR: Yeah, let’s
Rooney buying a car...
135209686_3531762660225906_4422544334959867207_n.jpg

exactly i remember watching cup finals in the 80’s on the tele coverage started 9am felt like showed the teams coaches making their way to wembley allsorts & was an all day affair it seemed, hasn’t been like that for decades sadly, i’ll be there so will only watch back if we win but it’s still a shame how it’s importance has been eroded. anyhow let’s beat those red clowns next week.
replace the word clowns for Cnuts and I’m with you

exactly i remember watching cup finals in the 80’s on the tele coverage started 9am felt like showed the teams coaches making their way to wembley allsorts & was an all day affair it seemed, hasn’t been like that for decades sadly, i’ll be there so will only watch back if we win but it’s still a shame how it’s importance has been eroded. anyhow let’s beat those red clowns next week.
just wait bbc havent said what there doing yet itv wont get look in to rags day

View attachment 81128

EXCLUSIVE: SIR ALEX FERGUSON TO OPERATE VAR AT FA CUP FINAL

In a shock move head of PGMOL Howard Webb has appointed the legendary Manchester United manager as VAR Match Commander for the FA Cup final tie with their smaller rivals City.

"When the great Sir Alex called me to offer his service how could I turn down such an opportunity" Webb said with his trademark beaming smile.

The Red Devils hope to defeat the state owned, financial fair play cheats in the first ever Manchester Derby cup final. As do the majority of the country who want to see this history laden club of England destroy their Arab owned Mancunian rivals.

Mr Webb also revealed that Gary Neville offered to officiate the game along with his brother Phil and Paul Scholes running the line with Rio Ferdinand as forth official. The former police officer turned down this request for fear of any accusations of bias towards the World's Greatest Club®
I think Rio would be running a line

Up his nose with a £10 note....allegedly

Lol, 9am? What year was that? I think 11.00/11.30am is the earliest I remember. But yeah, it was always the best time of the year. What with often English teams in finals of the 3 Euro comps, you had for one month every year, glut of live footy on the tv:
Cup winners cup final
Uefa cup final
Fa Cup final
European cup final
Home internationals x3

All in what felt like the space of a month.
I remember one year, might have been 1984 Everton v Watford, the BBC was on the train with Everton and their left back John Bailey.
Then it was with the coach leaving the hotel for Wembley.

Was defo an all dayer on tv for the cup final.

I remember one year, might have been 1984 Everton v Watford, the BBC was on the train with Everton and their left back John Bailey.
Then it was with the coach leaving the hotel for Wembley.

Was defo an all dayer on tv for the cup final.
Just looked that one up mate, and yep, part of the show was on the train down from Lime Street.
Mind you they also had Freddie Starr & Michael Barrymore at the two team hotels.
This was on bbc, and it started at 11am. That’s the earliest start time they’ve ever had I think.

Imagine that on Saturday?

9am ... rag season review.
10am ... meet the rags.
11am ... interview with former rag players.
12 ... "At Home With The Rashfords".
1:00pm ... "At Home With The Ten Hags".
1:30pm ... interview with rag fans (just leaving home)
2pm ... mention of City (focus on potential weaknesses).
2:10pm ... interview with rag fans (just arrived)
2:30pm ... rag team news.
2:55pm ... national anthem murdered by posh woman as usual.
3pm ... match
5pm ... total fookin' media black-out with no mention of football for a full week.
10th June ... City complete treble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.