Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many old players would be a good fit for todays squad with modern training, nutrition etc...i think Peter Barnes, pace skill and no lack of courage would be suited as a pep wide man, would need to understand how to re cycle the ball more as modern game demands but....maybe Gary Owen...Clive Wilson, Adrian Heath would be a good AM good technique, in his prime..everton days...
I loved Barnes but tracking back was not one of his strong points from memory.

If Carlberg made intelligent footballers...first up el magico and then Gaz Baz...underated quality. It's hard to get one lije that in a team let alone 2 in the same time. I reckon Pep would have loved to have Gaz Baz in his pomp in the team now...his dream CDM.

I think Silva picked Barry because he was reliably in the right place, a sort of proto-Rodri!

I can imagine Barry saying "you do your thing, and I'll work out how to fit with it".

There’s quite a few on RAWK that I’m convinced need psychiatric help. It can’t be healthy to automatically assume that the football authorities, courts, media and auditors are all in our club’s pockets.
Redcafe is not much different to this place TBH in it's spread of posters, rawk is presumably ran from a loony bin though. I've never understood why the mods don't get them to dial it back, I can only guess that the mods are patients rather than nurses. It makes you wonder how many normal dipper fans would rather become toffee fans than sign up to that cesspit.

I think Silva picked Barry because he was reliably in the right place, a sort of proto-Rodri!

I can imagine Barry saying "you do your thing, and I'll work out how to fit with it".
Better than Rodri though, far more skilfull and mobile was GB..genuinely would be a massive step up if we could have him now...so underated as a player

He was fit though and strobg so midern coaching, tactically, and nutrition he would be great. Still think his goal v spurs at home..best city goal ive seen

I know his name is always brought up but Colin Bell would have fitted in well with Pep. Lakey of the more modern players

Better than Rodri though, far more skilfull and mobile was GB..genuinely would be a massive step up if we could have him now...so underated as a player

I'm not so sure about that - Barry wasn't quick, but his reading of the game was wonderful to offset that.

I think in general Barry was better than Rodri would be in Mancini's team, and Rodri better than Barry would be in Guardiola's team. I don't think a comparison is easy though as they are asked to do different things. - I'd like to have seen Barry in the current team though, just to see...

Would have loved to see Rodney stumbling round in modern day training.If he could hack it ,he may not have spent so long on his backside ,and possibly been a success with us.

I thought the question of who from the old days would fit into 21st century football was settled a long time ago. Folks, I give you Buster Phillips!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.