Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do believe that is because the commentary is used for the radio broadcast (on mancity.com) and would be a bit of a let down for listeners if there was a lot of silence during the match :)
Even much of the stuff he comes out with isn’t about the game in progress

It's not about Left or Right. They are all the same. The Westminster Chattering Classes and their media pals really don't give a shit, with one or two exceptions.
But that's the problem they are not all the same. Don't get me wrong they are not the same as us, but one is so much worse than the other.

Yes Sir Keir is rich and went to a posh school. Then he worked as a human rights lawyer, as Director of Prosecutions and then Head of the CPS (posh but proper jobs).

Johnson went to posher schools, and posher university where he studied Latin), then worked as a journalist (where he got sacked for lying), TV personality(?), Mayor of London, MP (where he again got sacked from the cabinet for lying), and PM (where he repeated lied to parliament, and is the only PM ever to get found guilty of a crime - one he actually brought into law).

They are not the same.

They are not the same!

Most journalists only care about clicks.

But that's the problem they are not all the same. Don't get me wrong they are not the same as us, but one is so much worse than the other.

Yes Sir Keir is rich and went to a posh school. Then he worked as a human rights lawyer, as Director of Prosecutions and then Head of the CPS (posh but proper jobs).

Johnson went to posher schools, and posher university where he studied Latin), then worked as a journalist (where he got sacked for lying), TV personality(?), Mayor of London, MP (where he again got sacked from the cabinet for lying), and PM (where he repeated lied to parliament, and is the only PM ever to get found guilty of a crime - one he actually brought into law).

They are not the same.

They are not the same!

Most journalists only care about clicks.
I admire your optimism (genuinely). Perhaps I am too cynical but I have worked very closely with senior politicians (of all parties) for more than 30 years and heard what they say in private compared to public. I believe most of them are driven by naked ambition and not much else. The system is corrupted by lobbying on an industrial scale. I am not interested in the tribalism of the major parties. The system has failed all of us. Anyway we are in the wrong thread with this topic.

I admire your optimism (genuinely). Perhaps I am too cynical but I have worked very closely with senior politicians (of all parties) for more than 30 years and heard what they say in private compared to public. I believe most of them are driven by naked ambition and not much else. The system is corrupted by lobbying on an industrial scale. I am not interested in the tribalism of the major parties. The system has failed all of us. Anyway we are in the wrong thread.
I think we can all agree most journalists only care about clicks and not the truth.

And most seem to have an axe to grind about City - either because they hate us or our owners, because they love the history boys we have replaced, or because it generates clicks.

Probably the wrong thread but is anyone having problems with City’s website? In that I mean when I want to watch match highlights on my iPad i can’t rotate it to full screen. Has there been a change to its format or do I need to buy a new iPad?
same here mate, won’t let you rotate driving me mad, should be easy for techies who made city app, need to sort it out

Yeah it was about his mistakes, saying he makes too many. Presenter then said well you must be impressed with Haaland? And he said something along the lines of even though he’s got 9 in 5 he goes missing in large parts of the games and his link up play is suspect….
don’t know who’s more bitter Quinn, Hinchcliffe or Hamman it radiates from every pore of the sad clowns,

It would just be nice to watch the football. He is a pleasant and intelligent man but seems to think him or the goat need to be speaking every second of the match

Radio and TV commentary are two completely different approaches.

With radio, you're constantly having to illustrate whats going on, with TV its more of a complement to what's going on and then punctuating the big moments.

So when you watch a game on the City site with the radio commentary, it's pretty jarring. When the same guy does the preseason games, it's not nearly as bad.

I started listening to the Guardian Football podcast this week, as everyone's always banging on about it. Think I lasted around three episodes. God they fucking hate us, don't they?
would rather stick pins in me eyes than listen to owt from that waste of trees rag of a newspaper

Radio and TV commentary are two completely different approaches.

With radio, you're constantly having to illustrate whats going on, with TV its more of a complement to what's going on and then punctuating the big moments.

So when you watch a game on the City site with the radio commentary, it's pretty jarring. When the same guy does the preseason games, it's not nearly as bad.
I understand there’s a difference but listen to one and you’ll hear that about 30% of the time he’s talking about stuff incidental to the action

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.