Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Notice that—just like when I have pointed out Delaney’s hypocrisy during an *active* discussion with him about how the concept of “sport washing” is fundamentally nonsense—he never responded to Lineker. Nor did he employ his oft used shithouse tactic of subtweeting the comment so his rabid, moronic followers can harass the person arguing with him, as he did to me before blocking me (even though I had remained respectful and constrained in my responses, which was increasingly difficult with his condescending, belittling retorts).

He didn’t because he can’t bully Lineker like he does with less well-known Twitter users (like me) and if he engages Lineker on the subject Delaney would quickly be made to look the fool he is to a much larger audience.

He’s a coward and a charlatan, as he knows very well he is guilty of exactly what he accuses City of. And, if anything, he’s is far worse, as it is *actually* “media washing”, given the ownership of the media entities he works for is not scrutinised to anywhere the level our ownership is (the latter of which makes accusations of “sportwashing” truly laughable). And he clandestinely shills for the Russian government in a number of ways.
Do we know what Lebedev has against Abu Dhabi, thought the wealthy Russians were all flocking to UAE?

The same programme gave Charlie Nicholas the opportunity to inform us that Charlie Adam signing for Liverpool was a better signing than Sergio signing for city !
They should do a programme where they confront these 'experts' years later, and record their reactions when said players' subsequent achievements are revealed.
Experts my arse !!

You actually think Delaney is intelligent? I am genuinely amazed that someone would actually believe that. From where I stood he’s sinfully stupid.
For example: which half decent paper or broadcaster would give a permanent job to someone who writes the shit he does? Even taking into account the need for clicks, his output is childish nonsense. So intelligent is he that he indulges in career limiting output even when his own job is under threat.

Why hasn’t Deloony done an article on what is sport washing? Tell you why he hasn’t he hasn’t a fcuking clue like when you question someone who comes out with this nonsense!

The yanks are going to ruin the whole British game eventually! There idea of the super league all there ideas is to take as much money out of our game as possible!

It's about time the club said or preferably did something about it. That is just unacceptable and needs to be called out. But we won't will we? We will just sit there all passive and take the abuse like we usually do. If the club is not prepared to speak up about about it and stop it then it will just continue. The more they get away with it the worse it will get, just like it has over the last the few years. The media and its 'pundits' know we are a very easy target at who they can just sit back and take pot shots at without any recourse. It's our own fault nobody else's.
What was this from?

Just to expand on the Delooney tweets above and for posterity's sake the thread needs the tweets below.
Simply, not only is he banging the sportswashing drum again he is also claiming that City are the biggest sportswashing project in history. Now that is some claim :)

View attachment 54806

View attachment 54808
He’s a fucking clown

https://oxfordbusinessgroup.com/ove...-focus-developing-sustainable-and-diversified

An interesting read especially this part

Economic Vision 2030​

The emirate’s efforts to reduce its reliance on hydrocarbons were given a major impetus in 2008 with the publication of the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030 by the General Secretariat of the Executive Council, the Abu Dhabi Council for Economic Development and the Abu Dhabi Department of Economic Development (then the Department of Planning and Economy).

To support the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030, in 2016 a new five-year strategy known as the Abu Dhabi Plan was launched. This blueprint outlined shorter-term goals, including creating an effective private sector that provides business opportunities.

With these plans as a guide, the government intends to develop a diversified, sustainable economy that is integrated into global markets. Creating new sources of income and developing industries that are part of a knowledge-based economy are particular focal points, especially in high-value-added, non-oil sectors like tourism, manufacturing, logistics, health care, education, financial services and telecoms. While working to reach all of the emirate’s goals requires a concerted effort by both private and public entities, private sector funding and foreign direct investment will continue to play an important role in this process as the main drivers of economic growth. According to the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030, non-hydrocarbons sectors of the economy, including petrochemicals, are projected to account for 64% of the emirate’s GDP by 2030, while oil and gas activities would contribute the remaining 36%.

In my day, sports washing was called diversification

He’s a fucking clown

https://oxfordbusinessgroup.com/ove...-focus-developing-sustainable-and-diversified

An interesting read especially this part

Economic Vision 2030​

The emirate’s efforts to reduce its reliance on hydrocarbons were given a major impetus in 2008 with the publication of the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030 by the General Secretariat of the Executive Council, the Abu Dhabi Council for Economic Development and the Abu Dhabi Department of Economic Development (then the Department of Planning and Economy).

To support the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030, in 2016 a new five-year strategy known as the Abu Dhabi Plan was launched. This blueprint outlined shorter-term goals, including creating an effective private sector that provides business opportunities.

With these plans as a guide, the government intends to develop a diversified, sustainable economy that is integrated into global markets. Creating new sources of income and developing industries that are part of a knowledge-based economy are particular focal points, especially in high-value-added, non-oil sectors like tourism, manufacturing, logistics, health care, education, financial services and telecoms. While working to reach all of the emirate’s goals requires a concerted effort by both private and public entities, private sector funding and foreign direct investment will continue to play an important role in this process as the main drivers of economic growth. According to the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030, non-hydrocarbons sectors of the economy, including petrochemicals, are projected to account for 64% of the emirate’s GDP by 2030, while oil and gas activities would contribute the remaining 36%.

In my day, sports washing was called diversification
green washing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.