Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a player is tripped in the box he gets a direct free kick from the place he's tripped. Given that he's not getting a free shot at goal penalty then a player is much less likely to just dive to the ground at the 1st hint of a contact as the reward is not so great.

A goal would only ever be awarded if the foul stopped a CERTAIN goal, i.e. the ball about to be kicked into an empty goal when the attacking player is fouled. Any other legitimate foul that was not a certain goal is a direct free kick.
So to stop diving you’re going to NOT AWARD penalties for fouls in the area, not a goal but now a direct free kick?

You thought this through at all?

You’ve certainly got the award for ‘Most apt user name’ on Bluemoon.

If a player is tripped in the box he gets a direct free kick from the place he's tripped. Given that he's not getting a free shot at goal penalty then a player is much less likely to just dive to the ground at the 1st hint of a contact as the reward is not so great.

A goal would only ever be awarded if the foul stopped a CERTAIN goal, i.e. the ball about to be kicked into an empty goal when the attacking player is fouled. Any other legitimate foul that was not a certain goal is a direct free kick.
And the ref, along with VAR would only ever deem a goal to be 'certain' had the player about to score the 'certain' goal been clad in a red shirt. Nothing will change no matter how many times the LotG are tweeked, modified and amended. There will still be the option to 'judge' what happened, despite what the rest of us have seen!

No you are missing the point. If you are offside and run back onside to receive the ball, as far as I understand it, you are still offside. That is what coutiniho did.

Offside is decided when the ball was kicked forward. It is irrelevant that he was in an offside position before.
It was the wrong decision. He was very clearly onside.

However, I doubt Coutinho would have scored if the ref hadn't blown anyway.

Coutinho was not offside.
From the Tv pictures that true but, I've seen instances where the Tv will show a still that later the VAR cameras shows the opposite so, cant say for absolute certainty that he wasn't
For sure the lineman operated from muscle memory reverting back to pre VAR days and the ref blew both shouldn't have happened

I think you mean tactical leg breaking, a bit like the tactical forearm smash to Kev's nose in the CL final. Obviously the rules concerning City differ from those governing everyone else.
See the punishment the rags systematically dished out to Gabby J with zero condemnation from the impartial press, poor guy took more hits than Mrs Giggs (allegedly)

Offside is decided when the ball was kicked forward. It is irrelevant that he was in an offside position before.
It was the wrong decision. He was very clearly onside.

However, I doubt Coutinho would have scored if the ref hadn't blown anyway.
He certainly looked onside when the ball was played - I think people are confused by the fact he came back to receive the ball, which was never an issue. Also, the ball doesn’t have to be going forward as a commentator said about Haaland’s hat trick goal last Wednesday (he can’t be offside because the ball was cut back). Haaland could still have been offside if he’d been beyond the ball when it was played and came back to meet it, which I feared at first sight was what had happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.