Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile the WhatsApp group are having a team jolly in Denmark. Probably spent half the conference pissing and moaning about City
Pity any daft **** who actually paid real money to listen to slugs like Harris, Panja and Corbett.
Delooney mustn’t have got the week off

View attachment 48322

And the hypocrites probably discussed their jollies in Qatar later in the year….

Been thinking about @tolmie's hairdoo run-in with some Twitterati wannabees and it got me thinking, is this the future of journalism?

Bear with me.

Romano has made a nice business working from an aggregator, to an actual source using "second level" ITKs - agents, journalists etc, who all have maybe half a story. He can put it together into a coherent message from all these tidbits, and present it as news. I am guessing he makes more money than actual sports journalists, and could probably pay journalists for access to their information. Is this the future of sports journalism? The actual people who "know" something "losing out" to people like Romano? Or people like Romano effectively replacing mainstream media and sports journalists working for them? And is that a problem? At least Romano just presents what he can make out, without any bias.

Then what about actual news? Could the same happen with news? An aggregator with no real contacts, developing a Twitter business using actual journalists as feeders, effectively removing mainstream media and presenting news in 280 character cycles?

Sorry, just thinking. Disagree to your heart's content :)

Been thinking about @tolmie's hairdoo run-in with some Twitterati wannabees and it got me thinking, is this the future of journalism?

Bear with me.

Romano has made a nice business working from an aggregator, to an actual source using "second level" ITKs - agents, journalists etc, who all have maybe half a story. He can put it together into a coherent message from all these tidbits, and present it as news. I am guessing he makes more money than actual sports journalists, and could probably pay journalists for access to their information. Is this the future of sports journalism? The actual people who "know" something "losing out" to people like Romano? Or people like Romano effectively replacing mainstream media and sports journalists working for them? And is that a problem? At least Romano just presents what he can make out, without any bias.

Then what about actual news? Could the same happen with news? An aggregator with no real contacts, developing a Twitter business using actual journalists as feeders, effectively removing mainstream media and presenting news in 280 character cycles?

That's an interesting little post to start the day. I suppose the aggregators are just exploiting a gap in the market and developing a job for themselves. Everybody wants news on tap these days. I log into and out of the transfer forum several times a day to see if anything has happened.
The 280 character cycles is also pretty interesting, can people cope with depth anymore? Is it causing all our attention spans to reduce? In a similar vane a few years ago I remember reading an article about the effect streaming services was having on T.V. channels in that people don't want to watch weekly episodes of drama series but want them all in one go.
Perhaps the bias bit is most important part of what you have said, most of us don't want the opinions of some of the above mentioned so called journalist rammed down our throats anymore.

Bear with me.

Hmmm….very interesting. Maybe something in this. I suspect there will develop parallel streams; full time journos and private amateurs. Take your pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.