Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been thinking about @tolmie's hairdoo run-in with some Twitterati wannabees and it got me thinking, is this the future of journalism?

Bear with me.

Romano has made a nice business working from an aggregator, to an actual source using "second level" ITKs - agents, journalists etc, who all have maybe half a story. He can put it together into a coherent message from all these tidbits, and present it as news. I am guessing he makes more money than actual sports journalists, and could probably pay journalists for access to their information. Is this the future of sports journalism? The actual people who "know" something "losing out" to people like Romano? Or people like Romano effectively replacing mainstream media and sports journalists working for them? And is that a problem? At least Romano just presents what he can make out, without any bias.

Then what about actual news? Could the same happen with news? An aggregator with no real contacts, developing a Twitter business using actual journalists as feeders, effectively removing mainstream media and presenting news in 280 character cycles?

Sorry, just thinking. Disagree to your heart's content :)
Food for thought.
Where do ITK s get their information ?
I would have thought it a sackable offence if the info is coming from someone within a club. If money is changing hands would that be illegal?.

I can understand Agents leaking info if it benefits the client but mostly I would have thought it in the interests of all those directly involved to be discreet

I have a mate who used to be high up at City ( academy) he wouldn't breathe a word of any transfers and I stopped asking.

Been thinking about @tolmie's hairdoo run-in with some Twitterati wannabees and it got me thinking, is this the future of journalism?

Bear with me.

Romano has made a nice business working from an aggregator, to an actual source using "second level" ITKs - agents, journalists etc, who all have maybe half a story. He can put it together into a coherent message from all these tidbits, and present it as news. I am guessing he makes more money than actual sports journalists, and could probably pay journalists for access to their information. Is this the future of sports journalism? The actual people who "know" something "losing out" to people like Romano? Or people like Romano effectively replacing mainstream media and sports journalists working for them? And is that a problem? At least Romano just presents what he can make out, without any bias.

Then what about actual news? Could the same happen with news? An aggregator with no real contacts, developing a Twitter business using actual journalists as feeders, effectively removing mainstream media and presenting news in 280 character cycles?

Sorry, just thinking. Disagree to your heart's content :)
Indeed.. I know the world continues to change but all this interweb-thingy stuff makes you wonder sometimes.. 'the whole worl's in a state o' chassis, Joxer!'

Mind, it did occur to me that the word 'aggregator' has its root in 'aggregate' etc.. and as we know, 'aggregate' has many purposes in building terms, including 'filling voids' and 'being composed of slag'

Somewhat appropriate to our UK sports media?!

He was probably pissed when he wrote that or putting his bet on at the bookies

Do the media actually read this thread? They are fanboys/girls at the very best making up for something truly lacking in their being by wanting to be liked by the rancid 'fans' of the two most despised clubs in the league. Their views are utterly insignificant and they really should just stick to upskirts of Kate Middleton (yes please) and long lens shots of a bent over Jennifer Anniston in a bikini (yes please again x 100). Any **** can write or talk shite about something, taking a good photo though takes skill!!

Just rewatched the Premier League Years 2013-14 on Sky Sports. I'm kind of scratching my head a bit. Did we lose the title to Liverpool that season?

We hardly even feature in the programme. It is quite ridiculous!
I also watched that complete mystery.

I suppose all the cryarsers who don't understand modern football will be whining today that Spurs are about to spend £50m on a player who won't make their starting XI given there are two better players ahead of him in his position?
Honestly cannot believe he is valued higher than Jesus....mixed up world personally I think he is shite Richarlinson that is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.