Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favourite trope right now is how City are bad for football but no one is saying it. It has been the trending narrative since the CAS verdict so if no one is saying it how come everyone seems to be saying it?

Since we have had a negative net spend this year it looks like the new trend will be to look at the wider infrastructure spending and how unfair that is. How can United compete with City when we've built a training ground and a college? No wonder we battered them when we have an entire bridge.

Regardless of wider spending on academies, stadiums etc it is still 11 men vs another 11 men and if it is so unfair for United how come teams like Palace can be so much more competitive when they play City?

Plus isn't this investment on infrastructure what every one is desperate to say the Glazer's are getting wrong at United? Plus plus if you add up all the 2 billion owner investment plus the cost of purchasing the club in the first place then City are currently worth more than Mansour has spent.

Isn't this kind of growth backed by massive success on the pitch organic enough? I yearn for the old days when City were told to be more like Randy Lerner era Aston Villa and do things properly.

I disagree.
I thought overall the MNF discussion was great.
I am glad I didn't ignore it.

Neville was gushing in his praise, don't be so childish.

Unless you are a child and then I sincerely apologise.
I just can't listen to his yonner drawl. He is a two faced hypocrite. He makes me want to put my foot through the screen every time I see his weasel face on it. So, for me, it's better that I do ignore him.

One of my favourite quotes from a footballer. He may have been a rag, but he had it bang on about the Neville’s. I bet he used to bully fuck out of them.
What made me laugh though was when I watched an interview with Neville about it, he tried to pass it off as some “in joke” between them, like “oh good old Jaap, he’s a right card isn’t he” etc, when it was obvious Stam meant it and thought they were a pair of wankers .

What made me laugh though was when I watched an interview with Neville about it, he tried to pass it off as some “in joke” between them, like “oh good old Jaap, he’s a right card isn’t he” etc, when it was obvious Stam meant it and thought they were a pair of wankers .
Haha absolutely nailed it there. I like to think the pair of bunk bed sharing twats looked to Keane for support, who in turn looked at Stam and thought ‘fuck that’.

I see the latest thing to bash us with is the 8xBet sponsorship. Starting to see an influx of Arsenal fans getting on board with the usual maggots on Twitter.
Arsenal fans can fuck off. Biggest load of sanctimonious cunts in football.

Pretty sure Rwanda has its human rights ‘issues’. Wonder why they don’t bring that up?

Arsenal fans can fuck off. Biggest load of sanctimonious cunts in football.

Pretty sure Rwanda has its human rights ‘issues’. Wonder why they don’t bring that up?
Rwanda, to most uk people I’d guess, is known for 3 things.
1. Being a country in Africa
2. Having a genocide between it’s peoples
3. Sponsoring Arsenal football club

If there was any ‘sportswashing’ prize given out, it would be for Arsenal and Rwanda. But it’s rarely, if ever, mentioned in sports reporting of Arsenal…

My favourite trope right now is how City are bad for football but no one is saying it. It has been the trending narrative since the CAS verdict so if no one is saying it how come everyone seems to be saying it?

Since we have had a negative net spend this year it looks like the new trend will be to look at the wider infrastructure spending and how unfair that is. How can United compete with City when we've built a training ground and a college? No wonder we battered them when we have an entire bridge.

Regardless of wider spending on academies, stadiums etc it is still 11 men vs another 11 men and if it is so unfair for United how come teams like Palace can be so much more competitive when they play City?

Plus isn't this investment on infrastructure what every one is desperate to say the Glazer's are getting wrong at United? Plus plus if you add up all the 2 billion owner investment plus the cost of purchasing the club in the first place then City are currently worth more than Mansour has spent.

Isn't this kind of growth backed by massive success on the pitch organic enough? I yearn for the old days when City were told to be more like Randy Lerner era Aston Villa and do things properly.
How dare the owners of a football club spend their own money on infrastructure and long term property investments that benefit the local community.

The bare faced cheek of it.

Rwanda, to most uk people I’d guess, is known for 3 things.
1. Being a country in Africa
2. Having a genocide between it’s peoples
3. Sponsoring Arsenal football club

If there was any ‘sportswashing’ prize given out, it would be for Arsenal and Rwanda. But it’s rarely, if ever, mentioned in sports reporting of Arsenal…
The ‘Visit Rwanda’ slogan does make me chuckle a bit.

I’m sure it’s not the war torn hell hole it used to be but still…nah you’re alright I’ll stick with the Lake District lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.