Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carragher on Sky "Hes not a city player, hes a player for all the premier league." have you ever heard such utter bollocks

He is stating the truth, that Erling is possibly the best player on the planet and plays for City, the champions of England, not Real Madrid, Munich Rags, Oceanfinancelona, or PSG. Imagine if we sign Mpabbe and Bellingham next season!

He is stating the truth, that Erling is possibly the best player on the planet and plays for City, the champions of England, not Real Madrid, Munich Rags, Oceanfinancelona, or PSG. Imagine if we sign Mpabbe and Bellingham next season!

If he continues the current trajectory then he may become the biggest tourist attraction in England.
No Mbappe thanks, a team has no I in it.

I’m starting to worry now about the press/media they seem to be changing tack and writing or talking positive about City mostly,probably because they know it’s the only way to see pep leave,the constant negatives in my opinion was only making him more determined to shut them up ..

It's better to focus on how good we are than how bad Liverpool are. Next season when the inhalers are recharged they'll come at us again and we'll be back to normal.

Yep. Mentions Maradonna, arguably the best ever player, who played 38 games for Barcelona but is mostly associated with Napoli of course. Not quite sure what he’s trying to prove with that example. The guy wasn’t even born when he played there, his history only goes back to the early nineties at best hence why he named those particular clubs. He just isn’t old enough to know it changes, otherwise he might have added Ajax, Benfica or Anderlecht.

Ignorant git.
What about that Pelly?? :)

I especially liked this sentence...

"You’d never catch us just writing the same piece over and over and over again and expecting people to continue enjoying it."

I assume this stance doesn't apply to their (the media in general) Sportswashing/Oil money/human rights abuse/dodgy sponsorship deals/FFP cheats/etc/etc/etc articles (?)
It was tongue in cheek.

I’m starting to worry now about the press/media they seem to be changing tack and writing or talking positive about City mostly,probably because they know it’s the only way to see pep leave,the constant negatives in my opinion was only making him more determined to shut them up ..
Deano
You May be right about the angle on Pep but I also think that headlines get clicks. Everyone wants to read about Haaland. The press tried to diminish his early contributions with the ridiculous stories on number of touches. Now, through gritted teeth they have to accept that he will get clicks even though he plays for the dirty oil cheats. Just wait, if we sign Bellingham they are truly goosed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.