Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like the £950k a week Haaland is supposed to be earning is now gospel , every media outlet is now regurgitating this garbage , even the Dipper Echo is now using it as an excuse that the Dipshits cannot compete with

I fail to understand how one of our players wages can result in the Dipps not beating Fulham, Palace, Everton and Brighton, and losing to the rags, Napoli and Arsenal.
And that was the exact idea about it. To find (in this case invent) something negative about Haaland. Even fans of other clubs like him. He's the biggest name in world football right now. But the problem being is that he plays for City. So the idea was to trash him. The £900K a week lies has worked perfectly as you say it's now gospel. Therefore people / fans won't think he's that great to be paid that obscene amount of money. It's a agenda. Absolutely no doubt about it. It's planned and organised. One newspaper leads with an invented negative story and then the rest immediately pick up on it and reinforce it. Something similar was done with Fernandinho and 'tactical fouling'. It was put out there and then the rest of media picked up on it and went with it. When other teams did the same it was a 'clever foul' or the old chestnut: 'He took one for the team'. When City did it it was a 'tactical foul' and therefore cheating because City are cheats. FFP cheats. Footballing cheats. Underhand / backhander payment cheats. Crowd attendance cheats. Anything to tarnish and ruin our reputation because there is absolutely nothing they can tarnish or criticise our football about. So it's all the other stuff and it's constant. I've actually stopped giving a fuck. I really have. They are not spoiling our success for me. We are privileged to be watching the best footballing team on the planet right now. It is truly a genuine golden era for Manchester City as a club, team and set of fans. We may seriously not see the likes of what we see every weekend ever again. So as the man said: Drink it in! and don't let them get you down. This is how desperate they are now to try and diminish our achievements. It's the start of the end game for them and they know it and its that what hurts them and it I'm very glad to say it hurts them a lot. Fuck em!

Not to mention his total lack of knowledge/appreciation for Kev as a player when he slagged us off paying £50M seven years ago. For that alone he should have been sacked as a pundit.
You can add Yaya to that as well

And El Mago, I can remember one of the wise men on Sky or such saying that it was David Villa we were after and instead got this little guy called Silva who no one had ever heard of (even though he was a Spanish international) and was too small and lightweight to make any impact in our physical league.

The back pages of the Mail are no different to the front. Every article comes with a comments section and provocative headlines to harvest clicks, the rationale being to appeal to its core readership demographics wherever and whenever possible. As regards the front pages this means endless, grotesquely distorted, hate-pieces about Prince Harry, Meghan Markle, Jeremy Corbyn, Gary Lineker, 'lefties', public servants, teachers, Joe Biden, woke culture, 'remoaners', asylum seekers, Macron, the French, Benedict Cumberbatch and just about anyone else it can think of that will get its foaming, red faced readers all revved up. On the back pages, it seeks to appeal to United and Liverpool fans because they have far and away the biggest fanbases in this country, so provocative nonsense about City, a carefully cultivated enemy of both clubs, is always on the agenda, from Haaland's 'disgusting' wage packet, to 'net spend' graphs, to empty seats, to anything and everything it can think of to cast us in the role of 'no class' arrivistes and massage the egos of the rags and the dippers in the process
Spot on, i often post on the mail's comment section on football, i used to try and be rational but have long since given up, the City are state owned with unlimited wealth belief amongst the red top posters on there is virtually total, i just go along with it and tell them to put the central heating on and fill the car up and swell our transfer funds. Also a lot of comments about Liverpool in particular don't appear, and that's with me being mindful of the mods. Any mention of Brussels is verboten.

Haaland on 900k a week. It doesn't matter Jack shit to any young fans that have come on board since we bought him. They will continue to buy the merchandise and all those parents of these youngsters who support other clubs cannot alter the views. The media are pissing in the wind.
Even if it's a million a week it will still take a couple of years to overtake what the rags spunked on pogba.

The back pages of the Mail are no different to the front. Every article comes with a comments section and provocative headlines to harvest clicks, the rationale being to appeal to its core readership demographics wherever and whenever possible. As regards the front pages this means endless, grotesquely distorted, hate-pieces about Prince Harry, Meghan Markle, Jeremy Corbyn, Gary Lineker, 'lefties', public servants, teachers, Joe Biden, woke culture, 'remoaners', asylum seekers, Macron, the French, Benedict Cumberbatch and just about anyone else it can think of that will get its foaming, red faced readers all revved up. On the back pages, it seeks to appeal to United and Liverpool fans because they have far and away the biggest fanbases in this country, so provocative nonsense about City, a carefully cultivated enemy of both clubs, is always on the agenda, from Haaland's 'disgusting' wage packet, to 'net spend' graphs, to empty seats, to anything and everything it can think of to cast us in the role of 'no class' arrivistes and massage the egos of the rags and the dippers in the process
At 811 pages and counting, after just 4 months, they must be absolutely delighted if and when some of them look at BM.
The best team we’ve ever seen as City fans and likely the best team in the history of English football and yet we’ve got more pages on ‘why the press hate us’ than anything else. Any and every negative article is posted here, with a link ffs. Talk about doing their jobs for them.
Seriously, who actually gives a shit what they say or don’t say?

After Swales and Division 3, they can’t laugh at me anymore than everyone did in those days. Patting us on the head for turning up. Their negativity makes me happier than they could ever envisage and I for one, hope it never stops!

As for ‘pundits’. Really??

I wonder how far fetched the media will go when it comes to negativity about City and Haaland ? just when you think you have heard it all ,up crops another ludicrous story . Still at least they haven't printed the story about him keeping Dragons and City having to pay for them YET !!!! lol!!

I wonder how far fetched the media will go when it comes to negativity about City and Haaland ? just when you think you have heard it all ,up crops another ludicrous story . Still at least they haven't printed the story about him keeping Dragons and City having to pay for them YET !!!! lol!!
You've gone and done it now.....that info was like Fight Club!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.