Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was being a bit sarccy.

I'm not surprised either, I mean it knocked him unconscious but to totally ignore it and not cover it is shocking but like you say not surprising.
Did the mardarses on ref watch review it?
it's a contact sport you know lol
swept under carpet

Whilst your point about politics influencing people’s position on our Club is right, it’s not as simple as the clear left/right distinction you make it out to be.

The frothing Fascists over at the Daily Fail hate us more than anyone, and they’re as hard right as it gets.

I’d suggest it’s more to do with a pro-American stance reflecting the reality that the fastest growing readership for both the Mail and the Guardian is across the pond.

For their audience, the story is - US owners can do no wrong, and have the good of the game at heart - whilst conversely owners from the Arab world can do no right and are by definition nefarious crooks and outrageous cheats.
The Guardian hates us for our wealth and the Mail hates us for our owner’s ethnicity.

All games with VAR have all potential fouls checked at the time, so no retrospective bans happen anymore.
I find that very hard to believe given the ones that have been 'missed' in recent weeks.

Almost like their is some sort of TV Match Commander making decisions that they deem 'good for the product'.

The Daily Mail, to give them their proper name, have Martin Samuel who is the best writer on City matters. One of the very few who understood the unfairness of FPP towards City year's ago. Generally, I find their articles good although I doubt whether anyone could write an article without upsetting someone on here. If you were addressing your comments at the Guardian I would agree with their bias against us.

All a matter of opinion, I guess, but my view would be Samuel aside - who is excellent, granted - their coverage of City is about as bad as it gets.

It’s awful enough when taken in isolation, but when you stand it next to the endless reams of fawning, openly propagandist drivel they churn out on both United and Liverpool it looks even more ridiculous and lacking in basic objectivity by comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.