Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep has said there isn't a clause.
To be fair to Pep (which the media will not be) I thought he was careful to say there was no specific release clause for Real Madrid which was the question he was asked. I would have thought though that general release clauses are probably routine for all the biggest players. The key thing though is that the decision on whether to leave will end up with the player and Haaland can stay as long as he likes.

Talkshite main sports bulletin headline.

"Erling Haarland contract release clause has been revealed..."

They really have fuck all to do.
Usual stories in the run up to a game v a red top.
We will get the usual injury hit Dippers soon as they have a few injuries but be zero mention of Walker, Stones and Phillips injured.

Back to The release clause, it was reported when he first signed so no major revelations and I half expect him to renew his contract and have it removed before it’s due anyhow, but if it’s 150 to 200 million then only a few few teams can afford that and we at least triple our money after having him for a few seasons.

If Pol Balus is saying there is a clause, there is a clause.

He’s at the Athletic because he’s good friends with the Catalan heirarchy at the club and they brief what they want out there through Peps assistant (Estiarte?) to him

Dont get why people are having a hissy fit over a release clause. It protects both the club and they player. We are well known not to keep unhappy player anyway this just allows the club to say the fee is set at whatever the clause is pay up or move on. it also protects haaland for example if were not in champs league or winning things ect. dont see an issue with it personally.

If Pol Balus is saying there is a clause, there is a clause.

He’s at the Athletic because he’s good friends with the Catalan heirarchy at the club and they brief what they want out there through Peps assistant (Estiarte?) to him
There will be more clauses than the "journalists" can count (on both sides), there will be similar on every single contract signed including the youth team players signing their first contract. Why people get worked up about it is beyond me.

There will be more clauses than the "journalists" can count (on both sides), there will be similar on every single contract signed including the youth team players signing their first contract. Why people get worked up about it is beyond me.
It's extremely naive of anybody to think there's no release clause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.