Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont get why people are having a hissy fit over a release clause. It protects both the club and they player. We are well known not to keep unhappy player anyway this just allows the club to say the fee is set at whatever the clause is pay up or move on. it also protects haaland for example if were not in champs league or winning things ect. dont see an issue with it personally.

Furthermore, I can't understand the glee with which it's being reported. So, best case scenario for the haters, he rips their teams a new one for two years before we sell him. But not, of course, to any of the teams they are likely to support.

The other side of the equation, which is quietly passed over with barely a thought, is that we pocket £175-200m. What do they think we are going to do with that amount of money in the transfer kitty ?

And, as I say, that's their best case scenario.

He says there isn’t a release clause for Real Madrid or any other team.
As in a release clause for any specific club, which answered the question about Haaland having a release clause specifically for Real

That certainly isn’t a denial of any release clause

Not that it matters anyway. If he wants to leave, with or without a release clause, we’d let him leave

I was reading the Sports section of the Mail this morning.

I thought the headline would be praising of us qualifying as the first English Club through.

No mention of it in the actual headline.

Just a solitary sentence in the match editorial.

There must have been 5 articles on the fictitious sensationalized Haaland hidden get out clause this last week alone

Even Pep putting it to Bed was not enough to stop the bastards.

The very next Day, yet another article.

They hate us.

The collective media and no mark liars like the what's app group overlook that the UAE had half a million British visitors last year, have a quarter of a million British ex-pats living and working there and successive British governments have been falling over themselves to do trade deals with the UAE.
I wonder how many of these people use the main travel hubs of Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Doha when they fly off on their jollies.

I had big plans once to get Kate Beckinsale, Jennifer Lawrence and Margot Robbie in bed.
However if I managed to get in the sack with Kate and she performed as expected and then asked me to stay - i'd be going nowhere else.
I've got visions of you saying that like Harry Enfield as a self-righteous brother :)

If we win the CL this season then Haaland will more than likely win the Ballon d’or at the rate he is going, two massive achievements for a young player, not to mention top scorer in the PL & CL & numerous player of the season awards. The summer (being tournament free) would be an ideal time to renegotiate for both parties, City, Pep, Haaland and the whole club would be sat at the very pinnacle of the game, should that happen I can’t see him wanting to leave for a very long time, who gives all that up to play in an inferior league, with all the drama and meddling on offer at either PSG Barca RM
Sadly, he probably won’t, even if he scores 350, should Messi win the World Cup.

You didn't listen to what Pep said. As others have said, of course there is a release clause. He'd be stupid not to have one. It doesn't matter a bit. It's just a bit of extra protection of his future and earnings potential.
Point taken, and apologies for the out of context reference to Pep. I was really trying to say we should pay most credence to the club, not to the journalists, because they are often wrong.

Talksport this morning claimed they had the definitive answer to the Haaland release clause question, then cited The Times as their source. They said there is a clause in place which prevented him from being bought by another PL club. In response to that, I would just ask "Where's your evidence of this?"

There was similar speculation when Pep arrived and started winning trophies with us. The narrative was that he only stays at clubs for a maximum of three years. For obvious reasons, all that speculation has disappeared now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.