Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klopp may well think we are state owned but he didn't actually say that. It appears that the press have added some of their own comments, such as oil money and Haaland on £850,000 per week, to indicate what he may be thinking.

He actually finished up by saying "there are three clubs in world football who can do what they want financially. It's legal and everything is fine".

I really can't imagine the players or Pep give a minutes thought to what is in the press. We are not state owned but In my view even if we were, so what? Newcastle perhaps are. Good for them.
I guess the equivalent would be Pep suggesting our players can’t run as far as theirs because there are clubs that treat their players for asthma. It’s legal and everything is fine.

Unfortunately we won’t say a word or lift a finger. That’s why it happens and continues to happen. We are a soft easy target and they know it. Hence this kind of crap yet again on the eve of a big match. When it comes to the media we are a laughing stock.
We can’t blame Vicky anymore though. Our top guys are fucking experts in their field, they must regard all the made up nonsense as irrelevant hence why they never challenge it, maybe they view it as possibly even beneficial to City.

Despite the howls of protest on this thread about the media helping to warp the man in the street’s opinion of City, we’re actually remarkably popular with fans of other teams considering how dominant we are.

That horrible scouse apologist Dominic King spins his stupid wages wheel and lo and behold this week Erling earns 850k. What a fucking moron.

He’s definitely in our media basket of deplorables along with Tyler, Delaney et al. Chuck beer at him any chance you get.

I think people should look at the bigger picture here.

Yesterday Klopp lashed out at a City. On Tuesday he lashed out at Didi Hamann and the journalist who brought him up.

A few weeks ago he lashed out at a journalist asking about fan safety in Naples after people got stabbed.

In a week he will go after someone else and everyone will forget yesterday’s comments.

He’s doing badly and turning nasty, and it’s not sustainable. Quite a lot of podcasts and radio shows didnt like the Hammann criticism - it was petty and vicious towards someone who is well regarded at Liverpool.

City just need to show up tomorrow and do the job, and Klopp will drop a bit lower and get a bit nastier and edge closer to the exit.

He’ll lash out at someone else in his next press conference and everyone will forget Fridays comments.
He will at some point go after the wrong person on the wrong day and they will just knock him out.

They can if it is libellous, but we’ve seen over the years that we don‘t engage with this sort of rhetoric.

Not sure asking Liverpool to straighten the record would do anything. They have the morals of an alley cat.

The only people who get worked up about these kind of sound bytes are us City fans and the scouse fans in a stoking the fire kind of way.

Yes/ I worded it badly. The club can take action against the press in certain circumstances, but they won't because it will be counter-productive.

My point, though, was that it is worse for a representative of another club in an official capacity to say we are state=owned than some no-mark journalist, and that IS something we could take action on. All IMHO, of course.

Yes/ I worded it badly. The club can take action against the press in certain circumstances, but they won't because it will be counter-productive.

My point, though, was that it is worse for a representative of another club in an official capacity to say we are state=owned than some no-mark journalist, and that IS something we could take action on. All IMHO, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.