Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is absolutely nothing to be gained by banning or suing journalists.

If they break the rules, report them to the PCC.

If they print something actionable you sue the newspaper.
Agreed. Legal action is a last resort and you should always go after the publishers. But there are other ways short of legal action. Formal complaints to the new regulator (IPSO) rarely result in tough action but they are disruptive to publishers. They get tied up for months in endless correspondence and have to justify what they have published so it does act as a deterrent to individual reporters. Getting lots of complaints can hamper career progression, especially over trivial mistakes. Execs hate having their time wasted. City have been seen as a soft touch in recent years but it will be interesting to see how the new regime (after the departure of Vicky Kloss) handles things.

Spot on!

A nice article. The only thing he missed is that we will probably make profit on Haaland because of the huge sponsorship and commercial revenues he is generating for the club. I notice the Klopp press briefing also claimed Haaland is on £850,000 a week. I know 100 per cent from a rock solid source that figure is false as was the much repeated Ya Ya Toure £250,000 a week claim when he first joined City. Toure was on around half that figure when he joined and that also came first hand to me from a 100 per cent reliable senior source at the club.

Last edited:
A selective action against the worst culprits would make a significant impact on the rest of them. Look what happened after the phone hacking case. In the current financial climate no media group can afford to get into a war with someone whose pockets are as deep as Sheikh Mansour. Imagine what would happen if you accused someone like the Walt Disney corporation of false accounting.
I'm sure we want to get involved in long, expensive and very public court cases.... not
When it matters, eg UEFA we take the appropriate action.

We can’t blame Vicky anymore though. Our top guys are fucking experts in their field, they must regard all the made up nonsense as irrelevant hence why they never challenge it, maybe they view it as possibly even beneficial to City.

Despite the howls of protest on this thread about the media helping to warp the man in the street’s opinion of City, we’re actually remarkably popular with fans of other teams considering how dominant we are.
I've lost count of the fans of other teams that have said, I hope you smash those cunts on Sunday.

This is the whole point. Managers are punished every week for saying less damaging things than Klopp. He absolutely should be charged by the PL with bringing the game into disrepute and I suspect that once the match is out of the way City will report him to the PL. Whatever Klopp's precise weasel words he has essentially accused City of breaching FFP (saying we have limitless finance) and publishing false accounts by suggesting we are state-owned.
This is much more serious than a moronic freelance hack making slurs on Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.