Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said ‘iirc’ and if you’d read my subsequent interaction with @M18CTID i did acknowledge thst I was wrong about the 34,000 for reasons of Gene Kelly, so you’re fighting on a somewhat anachronistic hill.
So that’s a yes.

I was thinking off the top of my head, I went to every home game that season and often saw the away end empty.

If I got the Blackpool game wrong then so be it but the away end wasn’t a sell out, for sure.

I said ‘iirc’ and if you’d read my subsequent interaction with @M18CTID i did acknowledge thst I was wrong about the 34,000 for reasons of Gene Kelly, so you’re fighting on a somewhat anachronistic hill.

You are both partially right. We did not quite sell out, averaging just over 28,000 but the capacity was around 32,000.

A lot of the sides in the 2nd div treated it as their cup final so brought very decent support, particularly as there were semi local sides like Wrexham, Stoke, Burnley, Blackpool etc.

The most telling, and impressive, fact about the average attendance was it was both higher than we averaged in the Prem in 1996 or Div 1 the following 2 seasons. To get two relegations in three seasons and see attendances rise was incredible.

So that’s a yes.

I was thinking off the top of my head, I went to every home game that season and often saw the away end empty.

If I got the Blackpool game wrong then so be it but the away end wasn’t a sell out, for sure.
It was a ‘yes’. I would have thought that was clear from what I posted. I don’t normally struggle to make myself understood.

I went to every home game that season too and the away end was never empty.

Have sky mentioned coins being thrown at Pep?

You know the answer to that.

City should have released a statment saying they were appalled with the actions of their fans endangering Pep.

City are too passive, and late, when it come to things like that.

If City fans had thrown coins at Klopp, City would have released a statement, rightly, condemining our fans though.

It was a ‘yes’. I would have thought that was clear from what I posted. I don’t normally struggle to make myself understood.

I went to every home game that season too and the away end was never empty.
So we were probably within 10% of capacity for the season , a show of real fan loyalty for a club in free fall playing in the third tier and not a myth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.