Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of singing vulgar songs poking fun at Hillsborough - something that didn’t just affect Liverpool mugs, but also three generations of football fans. Let’s replace those tinny songs with some with a little more pride?

The level of song lyrics nowadays is also slightly pathetic. Take the new ‘Dias’ song. We rhyme ‘City’…. with ‘City’. Same as the new ‘Follow follow follow’ that rhymes with ‘world’? We’ve butchered old classics in light of new shite that is the most probable cause for a lack of atmosphere, on occasion. Perhaps if the songs themselves had a bit more heart and soul, a little more depth, and even a little more dignity - then maybe, just maybe, we can see the stands arise once more like they did on kippax street. CTID
What Hillsborough songs? Apart from the moronic 'the sun was right' thing, I don't think there are any. I know a lot of fans (not just blues) that despise Liverpool, and (God forbid) even think their fans may not have been 100% blameless in 1989. I don't know any that would actually mock the events of that day or sing about it. Heysel of course is another matter and the murdering cunts deserve to never hear the last of it.

So glad I dont do Twitter.

This person is sick comparing a suicide bombing to Hillsborough

PS who is he ?
I don't usually defend Tony Evans but the point he is trying to make (not very well) is that there were systemic failures by the emergency authorities at both events. Both inquiries (Hillsborough and the Arena bombing) found that more people would have survived if the ambulance/fire/police response had been managed and co-ordinated properly at both incidents. This is a valid point though he is making it in a very clumsy way. This whole thing has just become too toxic for any sensible debate. Twitter really is bad for people's mental health in my view.

I don't usually defend Tony Evans but the point he is trying to make (not very well) is that there were systemic failures by the emergency authorities at both events. Both inquiries (Hillsborough and the Arena bombing) found that more people would have survived if the ambulance/fire/police response had been managed and co-ordinated properly at both incidents. This is a valid point though he is making it in a very clumsy way. This whole thing has just become too toxic for any sensible debate. Twitter really is bad for people's mental health in my view.

One was caused by a terrorist, the other wasn't...

Instead of singing vulgar songs poking fun at Hillsborough - something that didn’t just affect Liverpool mugs, but also three generations of football fans. Let’s replace those tinny songs with some with a little more pride?

The level of song lyrics nowadays is also slightly pathetic. Take the new ‘Dias’ song. We rhyme ‘City’…. with ‘City’. Same as the new ‘Follow follow follow’ that rhymes with ‘world’? We’ve butchered old classics in light of new shite that is the most probable cause for a lack of atmosphere, on occasion. Perhaps if the songs themselves had a bit more heart and soul, a little more depth, and even a little more dignity - then maybe, just maybe, we can see the stands arise once more like they did on kippax street. CTID
Fuck me ..are you for real..
The "Always the victims " song is fuck all to do with Hillsborough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.