Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a medium, are we going to spend another season criticising the media, instead of celebrating where we are? Media bias is always there, over the last 40 years it has tended to follow fashion, so obviously biased towards the clubs that were successful 10-40 years ago, along with a London bias. I think we are getting a better press now, although there are a few slow learners who keep banging the same tired drum. There are as many admirers of the way City are running the club as there are bitter critics. I admit I was horrified when we got banned by Uefa, and then felt euphoric when the CAS cleared us, also the ESL fiasco, but most of the time I just see the press as a bunch of attention-seekers. Just watch City and see what they have achieved on the pitch over the last few years.
The fact that we won at CAS, and that many smarter blues than I told our fiercest media critics precisely how and why we would, has been a direct contributor towards much of the continued hostility imo.
They were very publicly exposed and made absolute fools of by what they see as layman amateurs and the likes of Evans, Panja, Harris x 2, Herbert, Delaney etc have never forgiven City and our fans for it.
So instead of deploying critical thinking, analysing and reflecting on their own biases and stupidity which led to them getting it so drastically wrong and using it as a learning experience to be better in future, they have instead doubled down with their attacks, informed by bitterness, resentment and denial.

The fact that we won at CAS, and that many smarter blues than I told our fiercest media critics precisely how and why we would, has been a direct contributor towards much of the continued hostility imo.
They were very publicly exposed and made absolute fools of by what they see as layman amateurs and the likes of Evans, Panja, Harris x 2, Herbert, Delaney etc have never forgiven City and our fans for it.
So instead of deploying critical thinking, analysing and reflecting on their own biases and stupidity which led to them getting it so drastically wrong and using it as a learning experience to be better in future, they have instead doubled down with their attacks, informed by bitterness, resentment and denial.
Apparently having the intelligence to not swallow incoherent bullshit makes us a weaponised fan base. As opposed to the east lancs red masses that swallow every word as true whom are just weapons.

Last edited:
Hopefully less pages by end of season, perhaps as less shite in press, but more likely more fans not giving a flying f#ck

You've posted opinions to this effect before and I've agreed wholeheartedly, as I do again now. One might expect, if they had anything about them, that the members of the WhatsApp group would seriosly question themselves in the light of their CAS debacle, but instead they've doubled down with the addition of extra rancour and resentment.

What makes me laugh is their arrogance, thinking that they're cleverer than their readers. In percentage terms, they probably have academic credentials that surpass the large majority of their audience - but certainly not all. Someone like Stefan from the 9320 pod puts them to shame in terms of a capacity for analytical thinking. Delaney in particular should be refusing to venture out in public these days without a bag over his head such should be his shame at his reaction to Stefan's article that prefigured the CAS ruling.

I, on the other hand, take pride in the response of educated and knowledgeable City fans to the UEFA ban and subsequent CAS appeal ruling. It showed once and for all which side knew their stuff and which was comprised of a set of intellectually compromised, know-nothing, gaslighting cunts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.